Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Rejecting Keywords????

Rejecting Keywords????

1. happyture25 February 2010, 10:17 GMT +01:00

my image rejected for non related keywords???hell you better go through every one elses keywords then..

2. xymonau25 February 2010, 10:38 GMT +01:00

What was the image, Mike? And what were the keywords? I'm good with keywords if you want some help.

3. Zela25 February 2010, 11:09 GMT +01:00

RGBStock.com has opted for being careful with sexual oriented content. Please do not use tags like 'naked' etc. for a fluffy cloud in a blue sky that resembles the shape of a woman somewhat. ;-)

4. happyture25 February 2010, 11:48 GMT +01:00

Whats the problem with the word naked? Plus it was not a fluffy cloud, it was steam from industrial chimneys...Lets get it right !

5. crisderaud25 February 2010, 13:20 GMT +01:00

How can steam be naked Mike? That's just use of a "buzz" word to attract attention to the photo. These words get logged by the main search crawlers and we want our site to show as few instances as possible.

6. happyture25 February 2010, 13:34 GMT +01:00

I Wasn't discribing the steam as naked , dont try twisting how i worded this image please.

7. Gramps26 February 2010, 13:56 GMT +01:00

Mike mate, for goodness sake don't take any photos of doors. One mention of kn*****s and your really in trouble :0)

Sorry folks, I should take this seriously, but In this specific instance I just can't.

8. happyture26 February 2010, 15:49 GMT +01:00

Ha,Ha, thanks for that ,,, your right, what a farce..

9. Gramps26 February 2010, 20:34 GMT +01:00

Removed ,

10. Gramps26 February 2010, 21:48 GMT +01:00

Don't get me wrong Mike, the staff are trying to set standards for a young site. It takes time and patience on all our parts. But life's too short to get up tight about a word.

11. happyture27 February 2010, 7:01 GMT +01:00

I,m not getting up tight, And fully understand this is a new site, But looking through resent images excepted here, keywords such as Fetish, Sexy, etc, etc, have been used, And excepted! Yet the word Naked was rejected, Sorry but i don't understand the ethics in this.

12. xymonau27 February 2010, 9:53 GMT +01:00

Mike, I never saw the original pic so I don't know what's going on. But please remember that many images have come directly from another site, with keywords intact, and it's easy to overlook those when you're trying to rush through approvals. You haven't been singled out. And I believe we need to clean up a lot of stuff that was on sxc - but then you know my attitude. If you weren't being rude, then post the pic and the keywords and we can all see. If you were, then the call was fair, in spite of the other images getting through. And remember, there are several admins who have slightly different attitudes and concepts, and there is bound to be the odd thing that happens that someone isn't happy about. You're right, if there are words that have slipped through, and maybe the approvers might like to review some images for those words if you want to send them the links to the photos involved. Send them to me if you want. We;ll see what we can do. I know we're not all that clever about some functions yet, but if it's possible and the words are clearly vulgar, they can be removed.

13. happyture27 February 2010, 11:05 GMT +01:00

( If you weren't being rude, ) Dezzie, How can using the word Naked, be being rude,Why would i wish to be rude wording one of my own images, Nor was it intended as a so called buzz word, it was used as a keyword among other words to describe a column of steam which resembled, dare i say it Naked women. ( lady, steam,blue,sky,naked,women,clouds) i am sorry if these words offend anyone.. http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/happyture1/NakedWomenofKronospanOriginal.jpg

14. xymonau27 February 2010, 11:48 GMT +01:00

Yes, the keyword was right. It looks just like a naked woman. And they're not allowed, anyway. So I don't think you can win, even if the rejection reason wasn't what I would have said. I would have told you it was too rude. Meaning, too close to the real thing to be allowed. It's a great capture, I'll grant that. But read all the sleazy comments on some of the good nude/ish images elsewhere, and that's what we don't want here. Call me old fashioned or whatever. Maybe others disagree, but we have to draw the line somewhere. So now you have another reason to dislike me. I also won in LOTP.

15. jimdaly9827 February 2010, 13:51 GMT +01:00

Disregard the last sentence of the previous post. It is a terminological inexactitude.

16. happyture27 February 2010, 14:46 GMT +01:00

Jimmy, Does that mean our dezzie is stretching the truth again... Oooow jimmy dont you just go off people?

17. xymonau27 February 2010, 18:31 GMT +01:00

Truth? What is that?

18. dragonariaes27 February 2010, 19:44 GMT +01:00

It really does look like a naked lady. Creepy.

19. fishmonk27 February 2010, 21:52 GMT +01:00

If we are to censor, that line does need to be defined & rigidly enforced. If not, uploaders will be upset not only because their image was rejected but because other images which they feel compare to their own are accepted.
I have no value judgements on what is acceptable - I am happy to let admins decide where the line is. I am, however, against inequality. We must take care and be very clear & open about the rules.

20. xymonau28 February 2010, 0:47 GMT +01:00

Dan, read the FAQ located in the blue bar above.

"7. . Can I submit images containing nudity?
No. There are plenty of sites which cater for that. While there would seem to be good reasons for nudity in some stock categories, we would prefer not to host nude, adult or suggestive content. That way there can be no argument about how far is too far, etc. Therefore, no bare breasts, genitalia, pubic hair, or implied sexual acts."

21. fishmonk28 February 2010, 1:08 GMT +01:00

I had assumed that referred to photographs of nude people.
However, I suppose if bare breasts can be seen in that rather steamy image it should indeed be rejected according to our rules, not for non-related keywords but purely for being inapropriate.

22. xymonau28 February 2010, 1:21 GMT +01:00

Images means photos or graphics, and "suggestive" images can be photos or graphics.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera