Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Google Ads

Google Ads

1. hqimages5 March 2010, 12:17 GMT +01:00

Hi Guys,

I'm dying to start promoting the site in a big way.. however I can't do it until I know that someone from the admin team can view google ad earnings, has anyone posed this question to the developers yet??

I can do a LOT for the web site, but I'm not on board until I know that admins can at least see the numbers.. let me know, or maybe if someone could simply ask them?

2. sundstrom7 March 2010, 16:11 GMT +01:00

Maybe you can contact the team directly through the contact form.

3. crisderaud7 March 2010, 23:33 GMT +01:00

Hello Hilary, Lars

There are some advancements being made to developing a financial structure I am told. I haven't seen the totals, but an estimate I am told is: if you figure 10 Euro cents as a good day and an average less than that and multiply that by the number of days, there may be a few euros. Given that we are working with basically no reportable income, setting up a financial structure is on a low priority status with site function and features given the most resources for time and effort.

A Wikipedia article is being put together as well as an "About Us" page to help define the structure of the site at the administrative level.

That is all there is to report. I will let you know when there are any significant changes from these bottom of the barrel figures.

4. fishmonk8 March 2010, 0:05 GMT +01:00

Deleted. Sorry.

5. hqimages8 March 2010, 11:41 GMT +01:00

Thanks Chris, I'll stop asking now because.. it won't happen. It's a pity admins have given total control of the ad space to developers, I'm afraid it means my support cannot begin, which I'm sad about, as it was me that created the google group which allowed everyone to speak outside of the sxc forums, and I was very excited that you guys would create something different.

Unfortunately by not asking for access to the google ads login (5 mins work to set up) developers now 'own' the ad space on this web site, and just as the google ads just 'appeared' one day, with no consultation with the volunteers running this site.. be prepared for any other advert or banner to 'appear' too, including a Getty one.

I feel sad about it, but this site is being run by you guys, and that is your decision or lack of action on it.. so good luck and goodbye.. hope it all works out, I really do..

6. hqimages8 March 2010, 11:44 GMT +01:00

I also don't believe in this answer of 'financial structure', which makes it sounds like loads of work.. all the developers have to do is create a login for you where you can view income from rgb ads only, and when I say 5 mins work, I mean 5 mins work.. no problem you don't want to do it, or you're happy for developers to control the ads, but it's definitely not because it's a laborious process because I know it's not at all!

7. fishmonk28 March 2010, 22:54 GMT +02:00

I am not sure I understand any of the above posts. I wonder if anyone can explain them, in a nutshell, so a moron like me can grasp what is going on here. I feel like it has importance.

8. johnnyberg29 March 2010, 0:12 GMT +02:00

I would also like to understand what this tread is about. I will not start guessing; but hold my breath untill the light has been turned on :-)

9. jonfletch29 March 2010, 1:28 GMT +02:00

Me too, I get the thrust of hqimages' argument, but the finer points are lost on me. Would somebody be able to explain? (Sorry hq, I do not know your name).

10. crisderaud29 March 2010, 4:08 GMT +02:00

She is being contacted directly by e-mail. After the exchange of ideas, viewpoints and understandings are agreed upon, the results of the conversation will be posted here.

Administrator's access to the account totals of the revenue gained from the Google ads is the main point of the issue here. It has to do with keeping the site community based and transparent.

The amounts are very low but the sense of urgency is high with this member. Your sense of curiosity is understandable and will probably be disappointed when the story is explained.

There is more written in the Facebook Group for RGBStock. There are other older threads to look through too. I suggest that you wait a few days as the conclusion is likely to be anticlimatic.

11. jonfletch29 March 2010, 14:53 GMT +02:00

Thanks Cris

12. xymonau18 April 2010, 10:45 GMT +02:00

The response is really in the "About Us" (bottom of the front page).

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera