Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Design Quotes

Design Quotes

1. xymonau7 March 2010, 1:18 GMT +01:00

Paul Rand - Don't try to be original, try to be good.

Unknown - What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.

Thomas Edison - Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Leonardo da Vinci - Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.

Albert Einstein - The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

2. dlritter7 March 2010, 10:03 GMT +01:00

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Seuss

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.

-- Scott Adams

3. xymonau7 March 2010, 13:05 GMT +01:00

Daniel J. Boorstin - An image is not simply a trademark, a design, a slogan or an easily remembered picture. It is a studiously crafted personality profile of an individual, institution, corporation, product or service.

David Hockney - Art has to move you and design does not, unless it's a good design for a bus.

Pierre Bonnard - Color does not add a pleasant quality to design - it reinforces it.

Milton Glaser - Computers are to design as microwaves are to cooking.

4. krayker9 March 2010, 10:55 GMT +01:00

# Picasso was in a park when a woman approached him and asked him to draw a portrait of her. Picasso agreed and quickly sketches her. After handing the sketch to her, she is pleased with the likeness and asks how much she owed to him. Picasso replies: ",000."
The woman screamed, "but it took you only five minutes."
"No, madam, it took me all my life," replied Picasso.
- Unknown Source for Story

I like this one - this applies for any professional service. Often the service is judged by the time taken to execute the work, which is pretty unfair. Design/ Photography are prime areas where you can come across such situations.

# A design isn't finished until somebody is using it.
Brenda Laurel

# Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
Steve Jobs, 2003

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera