Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Uploaded From SXC

Uploaded From SXC

1. sailinjohn18 March 2010, 8:54 GMT +01:00

I uploaded my images from SXC last night. To my surprise, a number were rejected, a lot due to 'to much noise/grain/pixelation'.? I know that the folks looking at these on SXC were particular, so am confused, unless something with the upload process corrupted the files?

2. mzacha18 March 2010, 10:00 GMT +01:00

No, here are different people with different taste. And guys at sxc do make mistakes!

I think everyone here got some rejections, uploading the files from sxc.

3. krayker18 March 2010, 10:02 GMT +01:00

I had a few rejected for similar reasons.

I had uploaded them a long time back @ sxc - so the image standards were probably lax then and got accepted. one more reason would be that the digital camera technology has improved in most metrics (noise is still an issue with manufacturers still gunning for mega pixels) , moreover many more people have DSLRs now. also, a few files dint make the import smoothly here.

just my 2c.

4. sailinjohn18 March 2010, 10:03 GMT +01:00

Yes, I have found out there are different tastes. Now, to see what they are!
But, don't have time now, I'll have to review the rejects and see if they are salvageable. Some were popular on SXC. Thanks!

5. krayker18 March 2010, 12:05 GMT +01:00

I had some images rejected for noise. couldn't help it, as either the light was bad, or the low light performance of the cameras were bad - at both places - sxc/ rgb. sometimes there was a bit of purple fringing, or over exposure (which i thought was acceptable, but turned out other ways). I don't have complaints though - its a learning process.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera