Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Logos & Brands

Logos & Brands

1. wolliballa26 May 2010, 21:12 GMT +02:00

Sorry, it's me again...
maybe this has been discussed before here or in the TOC. As barely any object in the outside world (except green grass and tulips) is not marked with a brand brand logo or typical colour or external form we might not be able to upload any other pictures other than nature pictures or retouched photos.Remember manufacturers typically like to have their logos communicated ! I do understand that you would not accept logos as such, but as abelow mentioning part of a picture this should work out.
Any chance to discuss this further and come to an agreement ?

2. fishmonk26 May 2010, 21:58 GMT +02:00

Sorry, tulips have now been copyrighted by a Dutch horticultural company. I'm sticking to grass.

3. fishmonk26 May 2010, 22:02 GMT +02:00

apologies.

I think the way things have been going we all have to be resigned to cloning out logos. Owners of sites such as this are too worried about legal action to allow photos of branded items to be distributed free for general use by a public who could do stuff with it or something...

4. xymonau27 May 2010, 10:06 GMT +02:00

Photos do look better and more generic without a bunch of logos, anyway. But it's a right royal pain to have to fix.

5. krayker26 July 2010, 5:42 GMT +02:00

Removing the logo is like removing the cherry off the cake - just takes the charm off it. this being a contentious issue, its safer for any stock site to dodge this issue than take a principled stand and risk being sued.

6. weirdvis31 July 2010, 10:06 GMT +02:00

Copyright laws are copyright laws. There will be no legal challenges from RGB's shoestring operation because we're as poor as church mice and we don't fancy being made homeless by the likes of grasping, over zealous, multi national corporations. :)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera