Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > duplicate images

duplicate images

1. greekgod26 June 2010, 20:01 GMT +02:00

guys... i just deleted a couple of shop images that were duplicates of another upload session that i didn't realize got through.
i'm just pointing out that the dupes totally got into my online gallery. hope you guys don't let dupes through.
sorry...

2. xymonau27 June 2010, 2:05 GMT +02:00

I've had that situation, where I uploaded the same image twice, within a few weeks. I eventually realised, and deleted one. Some of us are getting old - uploaders AND approvers! LOL

3. lennie27 June 2010, 9:20 GMT +02:00

@greekgod Do you mean you uploaded some images twice by accident ? And they were accepted. In that case we should probably add some more detection of duplicates.

Or did you mean something went technically wrong and something unexpected happend ? Because we haven't heared anyone else with a problem like that.

4. ervinbacik27 June 2010, 11:14 GMT +02:00

It's happened to me too. The image was already on the New photos page (again), when i realize that i uploaded it some time before. So, the only thing that "went technically wrong" was my memory.

5. greekgod27 June 2010, 13:11 GMT +02:00

Hi, Lennie...
i uploaded some images twice by accident. thought my machine crashed, so i did a drastic shut down, then uploaded again.
Lo adn behold... i had identical images...

6. Zela27 June 2010, 21:19 GMT +02:00

Since we do not have the 'replace file' option at RGBStock I assumed these were corrected files and approved them without checking the gallery. I did have a deja vu moment though ;-)

7. greekgod28 June 2010, 9:20 GMT +02:00

ah... growing pains... :)

8. Abyla29 June 2010, 9:38 GMT +02:00

I saw the repeated images at the new photos section and I was looking for a difference for a while but only titles were different. Sure titles made the confusion for you uploading and for the approvers. No apology is necessary, we know you are honest persons.

9. lennie29 June 2010, 19:03 GMT +02:00

I've discussed with Jay how we could implement some kind of duplicate-detection, but nothing has been build yet. I do think it's a good idea though.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera