Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

7514. xymonau1 September 2012, 23:46 GMT +02:00

*shudder* If they turned the lights out, I'd be

gone

as fast as my little legs could crawl! I don't like heights much, although i did go to the World Trade Centre in New York in the early 1980s, and it was spectacular. But it gave me a sick feeling. The Empire State building as well.

But I have a fear that hits me out of the blue sometimes. If height is combined with water, I get doubly nervous. I walked over the Sydney Harbour bridge when I was younger, and the wobbling of the bridge and the height above the harbour gave me a very sick feeling. I'm not really scared of water, but the combination does wierd things to me.

7515. Ayla872 September 2012, 8:06 GMT +02:00

while the lights are out you wouldn't come very far. Chances are high to break a

bone

or at least hit a head (which I often do even with lights on). With 186 cm I'm a bit tall for those caves. Coal miners of earlier days were a lot smaller obviously. It's my luck that we all have to wear safety helmets there. Otherwise I would have severely damaged those precious caves...

The tallest hight from which I remember to have to jump in the water is a 3m spring board. I didn't like that very much either.

7516. xymonau2 September 2012, 8:45 GMT +02:00

I've never jumped off a diving board in my life. LOL You're a similar height to my son. He's 6'2" in the old measurements. We do use cm here, but when I went to school, it didn't come in until I was in high school, so I still convert everything to feet and inches to grasp it. And although I think in kilos at the supermarket, for people's weight, it has to be in stones and pounds. I do think in kilometres, though.

Although it wouldn't

bore

me to visit caves, I would just have to walk in and not crawl! As long as they weren't far underground.

7517. Ayla872 September 2012, 9:14 GMT +02:00

changing measurement systems is like a currency reform, they do take a lot of time. We had the change from Deutsche Mark to Euros here over a decade ago now and still everyone mentally converts every price to grasp its dimension. Habits die hard... And you don't ever get

more

to buy for your money.

7518. xymonau2 September 2012, 10:02 GMT +02:00

We had a currency change in 1966. I was a lot younger then, and because maths with pounds, shillings and pence was harder, based on units of 12, I think it was easier to change. However, my parents were always converting the money. It's like driving on the left hand side over here. When I went to the US, I nearly got run over on a few occasions because it becomes part of your

core

behaviour to look to and expect traffic from that direction. We are creatures of habit.

7519. Ayla872 September 2012, 16:28 GMT +02:00

if you drive on the right or on the left hand side makes a great difference indeed even for me as a pedestrian. I'm very cautious when I travel to London. That's really like a world of it's own. Maths without a decimal system are also hard to imagine for me. Those who are trained to frequently cross those kind of borders must be nicely fit in their mind where people like me have

come

to be lazy in a way (and depend on a pocket calculator instead of using the head)...

7520. xymonau2 September 2012, 23:00 GMT +02:00

It's still a part of your

core

to behave in the way you originally learned. I know one man - an American - who was driving in New Zealand (they drive on the left side of the road, too). He lost his concentration and had a head-on collision because he drifted to the opposite side of the road as he turned a corner. Fortunately, all were okay, but they might not have been.

7521. Ayla873 September 2012, 6:19 GMT +02:00

I'm quite lucky that I have to

cope

with all that growing traffic only from a pedestrian and public transport point of view. We don't have a car and we don't need an own car here to reach our goals. Saves us a lot of money and frustration. So you are talking to a rich man ;-)

7522. xymonau3 September 2012, 9:50 GMT +02:00

That's fabulous. I never had a car until my 20s, because we lived in Sydney, and there was so much public transport, and it was very inexpensive. But in country Queensland, there is nothing. You have to have a car or at least a bike.

Even the shops here weren't

open

after about 5:30pm when I first moved here. They have just started Sunday and night (until 9pm) trading. Thank goodness!

7523. Ayla873 September 2012, 14:39 GMT +02:00

We really have a very tight public transport system here in Berlin and the only thing I have to

hope

is that their employees will never have a reason to strike again. This city is far too large to walk all the distances. Until 2 years ago I worked in walking distance of our flat. Now a strike would be quite a challenge. We'll see...

7524. xymonau3 September 2012, 22:57 GMT +02:00

that's why every

home

should have a pushbike!

7525. Ayla874 September 2012, 6:24 GMT +02:00

You are right, as always. I haven't used a bike for many years now because I feel insecure with it being confronted with the heavy traffic in Berlin. My balance is not very good either, so when I'd buy a new bike

some

day I would actually prefer a tricycle. Nice to transport some shopping goods, too, I think. But my old bike was used only once every few years, it stood in the cellar, rusted and the tubes got porose... was just not my thing. I suppose a bike needs some attention from time to time, just like a woman does, if I'm informed correctly ;-)

7526. xymonau4 September 2012, 9:05 GMT +02:00

Never trust what a woman says. They're just trouble.

The last time I rode a pushbike was a rental one in a park in Brisbane when my son was little. We went riding and I kept feeling like I was going to fall. It's no longer my idea of fun! And I agree about city traffic.

I have an employee who is 70, and he will sometimes

come

to work on his pushbike or his motorbike - a very powerful one. He is as fit as anything. Goes kayaking, too. He'll probably live to be a hundred.

I think a trike is a great idea. I could manage one of those.

7527. Ayla874 September 2012, 11:29 GMT +02:00

Rome

wasn't built in a day, so we'll see if I ever get to buy me a trike.

7528. xymonau4 September 2012, 11:40 GMT +02:00

you must have

more

faith!

7529. Ayla874 September 2012, 12:30 GMT +02:00

maybe I'm too blind like a

mole

when I have to look faithful ;-)

7530. xymonau4 September 2012, 12:49 GMT +02:00

a blind man will fall into a

hole

no matter how he looks.

7531. Ayla874 September 2012, 12:59 GMT +02:00

my large

shoe

stuffs nearly every hole. I live on big feet ;-)

7532. xymonau4 September 2012, 23:51 GMT +02:00

I

hope

you don't wear clown shoes!

7533. Ayla875 September 2012, 6:13 GMT +02:00

nope

looking funny enough without them already ;-)

7534. xymonau5 September 2012, 11:34 GMT +02:00

I'm the opposite. I'm tallish - 172cm - but I have these disproportionately tiny feet. They are too small and I don't look in proportion. My feet used to disappear when I wore high heels! LOL Now I'm past caring, and

open

to wearing anything and not worrying about the way I look. Well, not too much, anyway.

7535. Ayla875 September 2012, 14:28 GMT +02:00

I know there are some rather strange clothing habits around - think of the long dresses of the

pope

but at least I never tried to wear high heels. I think I wouldn't survive that for a long time... amazing that women do that voluntarily...

7536. xymonau5 September 2012, 14:37 GMT +02:00

Women are prone to vanity, sadly. I'm far too old and my back is too bad to wear heels now. Every time I wore them in the past, they put my back out - even low-ish heels. As for the pope's dresses - Jesus didn't run around in gold brocade, so I have to wonder what that's about.

I

hope

I manage to always find comfortable clothing and shoes, and fashion can go jump (as long as I blend in! LOL).

7537. Ayla875 September 2012, 15:42 GMT +02:00

most women are good at successfull shopping with lots of goodies to carry

home

(and then the lots if shoes get dusty in the lockers...)

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera