Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

7490. Ayla8728 August 2012, 10:24 GMT +02:00

or it was luckily full of good experiences with human beings. Chances are not

real

good for this explanation, though. I hope it has many little koalas to tell about this adventure...

7491. xymonau28 August 2012, 10:57 GMT +02:00

I hope so, too. and I hope it will

fare

well after all it has been through. I always worry about the animals in bushfires. They have nowhere to go. When I used to live in a sugar cane town, they would set fire to the cane to burn off all the leaves, prior to harvesting it. I have seen poor little pademelons (like little kangaroos) badly burned and trying to escape. Snakes are always burned to death in those fires, and while you might not like them, it's still a cruel way to go. I'm in another sugar cane town now, but they do a lot of green harvesting these days. However, we had the "black snow" - sugar cane ash from burning - one day last week, and it brought back memories. I used to live across the street from cane fields in the other town, but that was many years ago.

7492. Ayla8728 August 2012, 12:33 GMT +02:00

fire

is always awful and I hope those who cause it are the first who have to burn - with all their possessions. I feel no mercy even if it goes down to a thoughtlessly thrown away cigarette...

7493. xymonau29 August 2012, 8:26 GMT +02:00

our bushlands are

rife

with fire in summer. most are caused by natural things, though, like lightning.

7494. Ayla8729 August 2012, 12:54 GMT +02:00

nature can be quite cruel, too. But

life

would be very boring if everything was predictable...

7495. xymonau29 August 2012, 13:34 GMT +02:00

I wouldn't mind some predictability, but then I'm old, and I think it's

fine

to avoid the crises.

7496. Ayla8729 August 2012, 14:38 GMT +02:00

Oh, as our gallery shows (I think), I'm not the Indiana Jones-type of person, too, and

find

a rather ordinary and stressless life quite pleasant as well.

7497. xymonau30 August 2012, 9:54 GMT +02:00

I'm

fond

of getting out into the real country and just wandering through fields and soaking up nature. I haven't done that in a long time, though. Maybe soon!

7498. Ayla8730 August 2012, 10:26 GMT +02:00

just do it. I'm sure you'll

find

lots of natural marvels to enjoy. We live right near the forest for two years now and still love it like on the first day.

7499. xymonau30 August 2012, 10:57 GMT +02:00

and European forests are so pretty, too.

mind

you, Australia has a beauty all its own. I think all countries have great natural beauty.

7500. Ayla8730 August 2012, 12:16 GMT +02:00

that's one of the

main

wonders, that great natural diversity of shapes and colours - always amazing... nature is a great artist...

7501. xymonau30 August 2012, 13:08 GMT +02:00

name

your favourite and most beautiful place (that you have visited)

7502. Ayla8730 August 2012, 13:20 GMT +02:00

That is not easy to decide. I think this waterfall in norway
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjLa6Y
would be among my favourites. It was so impressively vivid and loud (hard to capture with a photo) I suppose it is quite reasonable that some of the larger waterfalls have achieved quite a lot of

fame

7503. xymonau30 August 2012, 23:27 GMT +02:00

Wow! That's just wonderful. I'd love to visit Europe and all the amazing places there. I don't think I will ever get there. My sisters have been all over a number of times. My sister is married to a Dutchman, and she loves the Netherlands. The other is married to a British man, and they have visited England a lot as well.

There are a lot of places in my state that have great natural beauty - the Great Barrier Reef, for example - but i haven't been to visit a lot of them. One area - around the Queensland, New South Wales border - is just a jewel. There is amazing scenery over several hundred miles, and so much beauty. There is a little town called Murwillumbah, and it is stunning. I'm putting a link to the Tweed Coast, which is just a short distance north of there, and also lovely. The images are small, but you get the idea. When I lived in Brisbane, I used to drive down there for a break and to soak up the beauty.

http://www.avalook.com/nsw/nrivers.htm

One day when I'm feeling fit, I'll take my camera down to the beaches near here. It's very pretty, and Fraser Island is nearby, too.

No two places are the

same

and there are so many styles of beauty.

7504. Ayla8731 August 2012, 6:41 GMT +02:00

Thanks for the link, the images give a good impression. I have never before heard of Murwillumbah, but it really looks amazing. We should take every opportunity to use our cameras to fetch such sights. I feel sad when I hear that in in the last 100 years great natural areal (like the rain forest) have been destroyed forever, which really is a shame. It should be an obligation to

save

nature because with a fast growing population on earth mankind absolutely depends on some fresh air to breathe and something to eat... So we better be nice to our planet. amen.

Christa and I don't think about flying to other continents either. I couldn't sit still that long in a plane. Flying to London once in a while is something I enjoy quite a lot. That city is very atmospheric and it's not too far away. I think I may go there again next year, we'll see...

7505. xymonau31 August 2012, 8:28 GMT +02:00

I think it's the historical places that I would like to see as well. I would love to visit Egypt and other ancient sites. The places to explore are

vast.

7506. Ayla8731 August 2012, 9:12 GMT +02:00

historical places which still breathe the athmosphe of the

past

have a lot of fascination. I find it very interesting for nearly the same reason to crawl in underground coal and ore mines (luckily I don't suffer from claustrophobia). They have their own beauty, too:
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mXxPhpY

7507. prairiegold1 September 2012, 3:22 GMT +02:00

stop

7508. xymonau1 September 2012, 10:35 GMT +02:00

Hi, prairiegold!

pots

Michael, I am too claustrophobic to ever do that.

7509. Ayla871 September 2012, 10:42 GMT +02:00

you would need lots of

port

to forget the claustrophobia, if you could cope with the taste of that wine at all.

7510. xymonau1 September 2012, 10:58 GMT +02:00

yes. that's sensible. get drunk then crawl underground. are you out of your mind??!! no, I'll hold the other end of the

rope

while you do it.

7511. Ayla871 September 2012, 11:38 GMT +02:00

There is not even a rope, this is

open

for masses of tourists crawling around in groups under our hills and in all those caves... most of them have found out again as far as I've heard.

7512. xymonau1 September 2012, 11:51 GMT +02:00

I get cold shivers even contemplating it!

nope!

you won't find me burrowing underground. I'm not claustrophobic in lifts or anything, just in places where I could get trapped. Oh, and I think if I had to have a full body MRI, I might have a bit of a panic attack being shoved into the machine.

http://www.cardiomyopathy.org/The-role-of-cardiac-MRI-in-diagnosis

7513. Ayla871 September 2012, 12:04 GMT +02:00

Those MRIs are very narrow and very noisy even for those who don't hear very well (like me). I have observed that my stomach doesn't like to go upwards in lifts with some high speed and that I also have a slight fear of hights. It is not too pleasant for me to stand on a tower and look straight down over the balustrade. But underground... no problem...

none

at all, even if the guides in the caves turn off the lights to demonstrate the complete, pure darkness surrounding us (which is a must on all of these tours obviously).

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera