Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

7850. Ayla8731 October 2012, 6:55 GMT +01:00

I certainly feel

ripe

for such a trip. Did I mention that I have actually booked a weekend in a cloister (house of silence) at the end of february? Maybe I get some impulses there to take life a little bit more easier. And for the prevention the best thing to do is to sharpen my attention even more to take the medics in time so that they can work most effectively. I'm not very good at that, mostly I take them too late because I tend to ignore subtle signs of the next upcoming attack... The time window when it is right to take the medics seems to be very short (only about 1/2 hour). That's like a lottery... Too early is as bad as too late.

7851. xymonau31 October 2012, 11:12 GMT +01:00

I hope the cloister works for you, but it's not something I'm into. I have a friend who is a Buddhist and she went to a silent retreat for about 2 weeks, I think. She said it was hard work rather than peaceful. All I can recommend is to go vegan for about three months, eating a huge variety of different foods, as natural as possible. It's a huge cleansing, and it calms and strengthens and is very healing. Even a few weeks would help. If stress triggers your headaches, then a de-stress diet would surely help a bit. I felt so good once I started a clean diet. Since I got sick, I am only slowly regaining my proper sense of taste and smell, and it is taking a while for me to start eating well again. I feel so much worse for the bad foods I'm eating, and I want to make the change again. Once I got used to it, I loved it. Your tastebuds change after a few weeks. But I'm back drinking caffeine again, and it's making me anxious. That is going to be the first thing to stop.

I've heard that about the meds having to be taken just before the onset of the headache. It's fine if you genuinely recognise it, but that can take years of practice.

and a

pile

of pain in between

7852. Ayla8731 October 2012, 14:15 GMT +01:00

you are so right that proper behaviour can take years of practice and a pile of pain in between. But I have to learn this lesson, be it as hard as it is, because I just can't bring myself to

idle

that easily. I have no idea at all if the cloister will work for me. That's the reason why I start with just a few days to see how it feels. The people from the cloister told me that I still should expect an "intense" experience...

As for the food - Christa cooks purely vegetarian cuisine for us and we buy everything organic, so we try a lot already to live healthy. Unfortunately she has problems with migraine, too. Luckily not with such long-lasting attacks. I will get more informations in a month from an Ayurveda expert who is also experienced with treating migraine, but I must also try not to run around between too many doctors. This produces stress, too, and stress starts the migraine again...

7853. xymonau3 November 2012, 10:04 GMT +01:00

I agree - too many cooks spoil the broth. However, if you get no success after a reasonable period of time, then it's good to keep looking for someone who might be able to help. this is a

lead

to my recent story -

I was diagnosed with a heart condition - severe diastolic dysfunction - about 12 months ago. I also had three leaky valves and pulmonary hypertension. Statistically, 50% of people are dead within five years of diagnosis of the first condition. I had to go to Brisbane for an anaesthetic because of the potential complications (I live in a backwater with few medical resources). Anyway, my cardiologist left, and I finally got a referral to anothe. I had to go to Brisbane to get on her books before next year. She looked at the results of my tests, as there was a difference between the first one and one I had done in hospital when I was sick. I wanted to know which one was correct. She told me I do not have diastolic dysfunction and that is was unconscionalbe that I was told that. She read the results - she is trained in echocardiography as well - and said my heart is perfectly flexible. I do have the other problems, but they don't usually mean a highly shortened life, if managed properly.

I was relieved and happy, but angry as well. I had shed tears with my son over it all, and been getting my affairs in order just in case. i am considering legal action, but doctors always win.

My point is that I went to a cardiologist, several GPs, two major teaching hospitals in Brisbane (one for a sleep test) with issues related to my heart, and not one of those people paid enough attention to realise the truth. Only by seeing a new doctor was it found. So I do believe in shopping around even more now.

7854. Ayla873 November 2012, 11:31 GMT +01:00

whow, what a story. I'm

glad

that you have found the happy end. It's really a good example how important it is to find a doctor who understands you and has a lucky hand to work on your diagnose. I think because the doctors do have a lot of opportunities if they combine their possibilities properly this also means, until you are dead, there is not really a reason to give up and be content with your health condition. Chances are certainly good that improvements still can be made. So you are right, we should keep on shopping around...

7855. xymonau3 November 2012, 12:25 GMT +01:00

I'm not sure of the European situation, but in this

land

the best doctors tend to be in the cities, and the further you go from them, the worse they get

7856. Ayla874 November 2012, 7:41 GMT +01:00

I think it's just the same over here, too. But If you

plan

to move again, don't follow the doctors - see where it is a quiet and natural place where you can get happy. It's not easy to judge all your neighbours properly, they are very important for how the place feels... That is another neverending story...

7857. xymonau4 November 2012, 7:57 GMT +01:00

Oh, I understand completely! I have had my share of neighbours from hell. I'm lucky right now as I live in a gated community and I have almost no traffic past my door. I would prefer to be in the country, but I have to eat, and that requires an income.

I think you can keep in good spirits anywhere with a good diet, cultivating good friends, and doing

laps

of the block to get fit! Fitness helps everything.

7858. Ayla874 November 2012, 9:07 GMT +01:00

the amount of sports I'm able to motivate myself to practise on a regular basis is not worth to talk about. At

last

I walk part of the way to work every morning be getting off the train one station earlier, and I swim a little bit and go to the sauna every two weeks (which I'm going to enjoy right now). Christa and I go out for a walk whenever we have time to do so, we are lucky enough to live in a nice green area of Berlin. Good organic vegetarian cuisine means a lot to us, too. Next week we are going to hunt for some new delicacies again on our Yearly worldwide shopping fair with lots of goodies from all over the world.

7859. xymonau4 November 2012, 9:21 GMT +01:00

I'd like to get

lost

in markets, etc, but I hate going alone. Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone locally who shares my tastes. I'm sure there are people here, but I'm so tired from work most weekends that I just don't want to do much. And I seem to be always driving to Brisbane for one reason or another - mostly for my family. I would like to have someone to motivate me to go walking, though. Now the hot weather is starting here, it would need to be very early or late - neither of which appeal to me.

7860. Ayla875 November 2012, 6:51 GMT +01:00

I'm a bit nervous about the fair now because of the migraine. All those smells, sights and sounds, lots of colourful impressions might be just a little bit too much input at one time. Luckily in

most

cases the migraine strikes when the stress is over (which means when we are home again) and I have my medics with me anytime anyhow, so let's keep fingers crossed that the event won't have to be spoiled. I can understand that it's not so entertaining to go to markets alone. It's very lucky that Christa and I share these interests.

Hot wheather is not my thing at all. No wonder it's hard to find motivation to walk then. You should wear such a funny helmet with a battery-driven fan to keep a cool head...

7861. xymonau5 November 2012, 10:06 GMT +01:00

yes - that would just be the icing on the cake - fat middle aged lady hobbling around darkened streets with what looks like a helicopter on her head

I

must

go purchase one right now! LOL

7862. Ayla875 November 2012, 10:33 GMT +01:00

the helicopter may also be good against the morning

mist

and to scare some dogs away, worth a try...

7863. xymonau5 November 2012, 11:19 GMT +01:00

perhaps I could attach it to a

mast

and scare the birds as well

7864. Ayla875 November 2012, 11:24 GMT +01:00

good idea. maybe it can even be

fast

enough to keep off the postman from bringing new bills

7865. xymonau5 November 2012, 14:52 GMT +01:00

oh, I'm

safe

there - I have no bills

I pay everything in advance, and I don't owe anyone anything.I don't buy on credit unless it's a car - an absolute necessity. However, my old bomb is still running well, and should have a few years left in her yet. I hate being in debt, so I try to avoid it.

7866. Ayla876 November 2012, 6:43 GMT +01:00

that's a very

sane

position of yours. The only bills regulary sent to our postbox come from the doctors, and they are not cheap, I can tell you. Everything else we pay in advance, too. The doctors just need more time to calculate, so they send their bills by mail. Keeps the postman busy, too.

7867. xymonau6 November 2012, 12:18 GMT +01:00

How much do you pay for an ordinary consultation there? We pay around $65, but the government refunds about $38 or so - I can't remember. Doctors here can bulk bill, which means the patient doesn't have to pay at all, but in this small town, they're all sharks, and most insist on payment. There is one bulk billing doctor's surgery, but it is overwhelmed and can't accept any more patients. We can go to the hospital and see a doctor there - not just for an emergency - but you have to wait for hours sometimes. Queensland used to have the best free hospitals in the country, buit right wing governments changed all that.

it used to be

easy

to see a doctor and all medicine was free

These days there is a list of medications that are subsidised. People on pensions or unemployment benefits pay a maximum of about $6 for anything, and the listed items cost a maximum of $38 or so for employed people. Many drugs are much cheaper than that, though.

7868. Ayla876 November 2012, 13:28 GMT +01:00

you would not only shake your head, but also your

ears

if you would hear the sums of the doctor's bills over here. The more machines they are able to use for their examinatons, the more astronomical prices they are able to charge. health insurances pay back most of it, but these insurances are expensive. We pay more for our health insurance every month than we pay as rent for our flat...

7869. xymonau6 November 2012, 21:46 GMT +01:00

Our government is pushing us to private health insurance all the time. If you have none - that's me - then they tax you a lump sum every year. I refuse to be coerced, so i pay the tax. I think health insurance is a rip-off. They still make you pay extra for hospital cover, and they define the type of operations, etc, that they will pay for. At least here our hospitals in all states are free. You might have to wait for operations for non-liffe threatening things, but if you're ill or having an emergency, there is no argument and you receive the best treatment for free. I believe taxes should provide medical, educational and transport services and that is the job of government. They're too busy war mongering to care about their citizens these days.

at this

rate

the population will eventually be decimated as the controlling faction wants

7870. Ayla877 November 2012, 14:41 GMT +01:00

sad topic, because the government usually runs out of money too fast to make its job properly enough.

I have to tell you of another topic whic has cost us a load of

tear

drops today - we had to let our cat get euthanized because she got ill quite quickly and her little 10 year old body was not able to cope with it despite the help the medics tried to offer. So: farewell, Pauli, and sweet dreams in cat heaven...
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mjyXZQY

7871. xymonau7 November 2012, 15:30 GMT +01:00

Oh, no! I am so sorry for you both, Michael! I really do know how painful that is for you. And such a lovely little cat. My kindest thoughts for you both. At least she is at peace now.

you both

rate

a hug of condolence

7872. Ayla878 November 2012, 6:47 GMT +01:00

thanks, Dez, it feels very good to read your words. We try not to quarrel with

fate

and look forward, trying to fill the gap with two new cats (we've had two cats before, the other one has died two yeas ago
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjxeRm
and this one was too old already to get accustomed to new company). Christa starts on the internet which cats are on offer near us. Mostly we take second-hand cats who look for a new home from households where there owners have died or for reasons like that. Unfortunately our large home for animals (which has 650 cats on offer) is on the other end of Berlin - a 2 hour drive away with public transport. Nothing we can do with two frightened cats as luggage. And they are not able to "deliver" them to our home. Poor service.

7873. xymonau11 November 2012, 5:26 GMT +01:00

It will be really nice for you when you have your new pets. I am getting a bit wistful about getting another cat, but I know I can't with the birds, or in this unit. I also really don't want to be tied down, since I'm so often away. But ir would be lovely to have another warm, welcoming pet. Probably just the mood of the moment. So many animals are unwanted, and it's a shame your animal refuge can't deliver. they would be able to check the homes of prospective owners and also move a lot more animals through.

I

hate

the thought of animals just being sold or given to just anyone.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera