Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

8042. Ayla8714 January 2013, 10:28 GMT +01:00

sounds like the police doesn't need to hurry things up, so everybody can calm down again to

pant

for air in all joviality. I think it's not too unusual that some nerves run-through, and that is something which can't really totally be prevented.

Thanks for your nice comment on the gerbera photo. A colleague of mine had his birthday recently and left his flowers on his desk. Perfect opportunity for me next morning to take some photos...

8043. xymonau15 January 2013, 6:50 GMT +01:00

In another workplace (in Brisbane), a lady used to bring in the loveliest flowers from her garden, to cheer the men up a bit. I used to put the vases against my window

pane

where the light was magical, and take lots of photos of them. That was before I had a decent camera or was into stock sites. This is one of them (heavily edited, of course):
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/2dyWARm/Blue+Flower
and another
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/dKTlhz/Cheerful+Red+Gerbera

The afternoon light was perfect.

8044. Ayla8715 January 2013, 7:30 GMT +01:00

Your photos are truly lovely, perfect light indeed. Flowers are - like nature in general - a very inspiring subject. I

plan

to shoot quite a lot more of them because I like the amazing variety of their shapes and colours. I hope my new office will have good light, too, to allow some photos once in a while. After all I still spend more time every day in my office than in our living room...

8045. xymonau16 January 2013, 8:14 GMT +01:00

Oh, same here. Work is the largest part of the day, and my computer is in my bedroom, so I hardly ever go to the lounge room. Now my back hurts a lot I can't even sit in a recliner. but I had a test today and it looks like I don't have osteoporosis, so I'm very happy. I don't know what caused the crush fractures, though, but I still feel happier after those results.

Thank you for your comments (and "liking" them!). I'm not much of a photographer, but if you get the light right, it makes a huge difference. Where I lived on the Sunshine coast, in the first house, it was just magical at certain times of the day. Lots of greenery and flowering trees, and for some reason, the light was perfect. Not so perfect in the next place and just awful here - too harsh all the time.

perhaps in the next place I

land

I'll find a better environment

I hope you can take some photos in your new office. We need some more business related images, for sure. My office is so cluttered that it looks more like a storage room than an office! LOL

8046. Ayla8717 January 2013, 12:24 GMT +01:00

That's truly good news that you don't have osteoporosis, you really can be

glad

of that. The source of your crush fractures will remain their little secret, but so it is - you are a woman with your little secrets, it only serves to make you more interesting and gives you something to tell everyone riddles about. Life leaves its scars on us...

But I hope you back is getting better soon. I know this may take quite a while. I'm the type of person who enjoys lying in a soft bed all day to relax shoulders, neck and back, so you have all my sympathies.

Our current flat is a bit dark, there is not muck sunlight in there, but we like that - we think it is quite cozy. It is just not very comfortable for daylight photography.

Don't expect too much when you hear about a "new" office of mine. I will move there with all my very old furniture, so there are no shiny photos to be expected.
I have photographed my latest new entrant on my desk already and you have seen it already, there is not much happening in my office...
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/nfmMsrU/blue+stapler

8047. xymonau21 January 2013, 7:57 GMT +01:00

Ah, yes, but it's great stock. It might not make the office zing with excitement, but it will be downloaded!

I have been away - called away suddenly on a family drama - and hopefully it is over. I am so exhausted. Another four nights in Brisbane. I hate motels. I always seem to be in one.

I guess my back will heal slowly. It is a bit better than it was, but it seems to take very little to make it hurt again. But I'm getting about okay and I'm so much better off than others, so I shouldn't complain. I've got a good

deal

from life, really.

8048. Ayla8721 January 2013, 9:08 GMT +01:00

I've missed you already and was afraid that your back has finally struck you down. I think you will always sleep best in your own bed, no motel can cope with that. I hardly can sleep in strange environments. It surely would be fine if the family drama is survived and really over. And as for your being exhausted - perhaps a good

meal

would be a nice next step?

The trouble with your back may also be that we do have a memory for pain, so all those painful moves seem to hunt us in a way. It needs a lot of confidence to slowly trust yourself to try things out again and see if it still hurts as much...

8049. xymonau21 January 2013, 9:42 GMT +01:00

I'm glad you noticed I wasn't here. No, the back is okay. I do move it, but I find if I lift things then I have pain later on. But if I keep the painkillers up then it is okay.

I am sitting here eating as i type! LOL I had a sandwich, and now I am trying a fake cheese i found in brisbane. It's called "Sheese". I have the Edam variety. It's not too bad, but leaves a wierd after-taste in the mouth, I think it might be okay on a pizza with other flavours. It certainly has the texture of Edam. It also cost an arm and a leg! But I thought I'd try it.

At the same store i found CoYo - a coconut yoghurt, and this one is dairy free. It is delicious! It's made by a fellow on the Sunshine Coast, and although several of the flavours have milk solids, there is a range with none. Again, it was really expensive, but I can't get it all the time, so I thought I'd treat myself.

at this rate, I'll soon be begging

alms

in the street!

8050. Ayla8721 January 2013, 10:50 GMT +01:00

I think it is very wise of you to plunder the stores while you have the occasion. These delicacies sound quite special, nothing you can find at every corner. Perhaps this helps a little bit, too, to distract from the pain in your back and help to

calm

it down a bit more.

We had a soft breeze of snow today which calms everything down, too and looks quite lovely. But it was not very much. Just a tiny shade of winter, but better than nothing.

8051. xymonau21 January 2013, 11:35 GMT +01:00

Snow! What a blessed relief that would be in our current heatwave. I stopped at a place on the way home today to have a break, stretch my legs and eat a sandwich. There is usually a small lake or billabong there. On one side there was some smelly water, and on the other it was dry and cracked earth only, with reeds growing our of dry ground instead of the water they are normally in. We have had not much rain this year (I hate the rain, but we have to have some, I know), and everything is brown and dry. I felt sorry for the water birds that frequent the place. It's just north of a town called Gympie. Usually the parks and rest areas around there are green and pretty. And the temperatures soared on the weekend. Yes, a

lack

of snow is definitely not good right now!

8052. Ayla8721 January 2013, 12:34 GMT +01:00

I don't like to walk in the rain either, I hate the feeling of getting wet on my head. There is no specific reason for that, it just feels uncomfortable for me. When I'm inside in a dry, cool place I have no problem with looking out and seeing everybody else getting wet... Then I'm feeling quite comfortable with the situation.

Snow feels absolutely different, I like it when it gently snows down on me. You tend to fall back into childish behaviour then, stick out your tongue to catch snow flakes and

lick

them up this way to melt them...

8053. xymonau21 January 2013, 13:53 GMT +01:00

I

the thought of catching snowflakes on my tongue!

I guess they would taste nice, too.

8054. Ayla8722 January 2013, 7:03 GMT +01:00

My little

hike

to work this morning was a beautiful thing, I can tell you. I had to put on my hiking boots because of the fresh snow all over. Between 5 to 10 cm of fresh snow is at least enough for a lovely white cover all over the landscape. The snowploughs were busy already, too, so all the beauty doesn't last very long. But the taste of those snowflakes is not that spectacular, to be honest, they taste like water. But of course it is always a question of one's own imagination, I suppose, which make the difference between champagne and sparkling wine.

8055. xymonau22 January 2013, 22:36 GMT +01:00

Rainwater tastes so much better than tap water.

I would like to be

heir

to a country property with lots of rainwater tanks

8056. Ayla8723 January 2013, 6:49 GMT +01:00

there are so many countrys in this world where you are the

hero

when you are in posession of full water tanks. we can feel lucky to have our water taps. I have become well used to drinking our tap water and I won't bother to carry mineral water around instead.

Did I also mention already that another one of our daily rituals for Christa and me in the wintertime is to drink a nice glass of hot Glühwein? Very spicy and delicious... Glühwein is usually prepared from red wine, heated and spiced with cinnamon sticks, cloves, star aniseed, citrus, sugar and at times vanilla pods.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulled_wine

8057. xymonau23 January 2013, 10:54 GMT +01:00

I never drank bottled water until they started fluoridating it. How dare they medicate us? I'd rather pay for water than drink this muck now. Europe had the common sense to ban it.

I had heard of mulled wine, but not the German name. It's not something we would have a lot here, but perhaps in the southern, colder states like Victoria and Tasmania, they might drink it in winter. On our sweltering Christmas days, I can assure you, hot wine is not on the agenda! LOL It sounds nice, but I don't personally drink alcohol, so I'd have to take the non-alcoholic version.

I would be

more

inclined to drink something that rich in the freezing cold and snow, I'm sure

8058. Ayla8724 January 2013, 8:13 GMT +01:00

I agree, fluoridated water could ruin not only my

morn

no, the whole day too. Worse enough, tastewise, I know that from toothpaste.

It's not that we drink lots of that Glühwein, only a few sips every day, but they are a nice ritual. over the rest of the year we prefer all sorts of organic fruit wine
http://www.sandokan.de/englisch/produkte01.php

8059. xymonau25 January 2013, 5:32 GMT +01:00

Looks delicious!

I bought a seeded watermelon on the way back from Brisbane. I'm going to enjoy it this weekend. The seedless watermelons have only about a quarter of the taste. I was really excited, as you can't get these in the supermarkets any more. Yet they have to grow the seedless ones in rows next to the seeded in order to pollinate properly. I found this at a local road-side fruit van. There are a few not too far from here. I also bought - wait for it - a box of R2E2 mangoes. I really must remember to take some photos before I eat them! But forgetfulness is the

norm

for me these days!

8060. Ayla8725 January 2013, 8:37 GMT +01:00

I like watermelons, too. I haven't tasted the seedless version yet. seems like I haven't missed a lot...

Amazing to hear that mangoes are sold in boxes at your stores. They are quite precious here, so they sell them separately only with no quantity discount at all. Prices vary, though, whether you buy organic quality or normal, where the

form

is the same of course. They could always tell you a fruit is grown organic. Who is able to control that...

8061. xymonau26 January 2013, 10:52 GMT +01:00

True. You never know where any fruit is

from

unless they have those horrible stickers on them. Who invented the idea of branding fruit, anyway? Bit I guess you have to trust that what you buy is what they say it is, or grow your own. if I had a garden bed - one that I was allowed to mess up, that is - I'd be planting all sorts of things now. I have herbs in pots and some spring onions (we call then shallots here), which I break off for salads every so often. They grow so easily, as long as they're fed and watered.

8062. Ayla8727 January 2013, 12:07 GMT +01:00

Some onions are called shallots here, too, but I could never tell apart which of them. I like onions anyhow, as well as anything else going into the sharper direction.

We buy our onions
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mSVkFx2/organic+onions
on that same organic

farm

not far from here which we visit every saturday which has been a manor from 1560 an is still intact
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/n3tUAGQ/historic+farm+house
The "winter horses" live on their grounds and they have a stable for the night, so they won't have to freeze.
I suppose the horses help with the work on the fields and are rewarded with these ones
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjJfnG/

8063. xymonau27 January 2013, 12:38 GMT +01:00

My understanding is that shallots in England, anyway, are small white round onions with a long green stalk on the top, and spring onions are just a long slender stalk, white at the base and changing to dark green at the top. Over here, we have always called the latter eschallots or shallots, and the former, spring onions. I have also seen small golden onions that look like cloves of garlic, only brown, and they were called shallots, too. Very confusing.

It all probably came about as a misunderstanding in translation as the first fruiterers in this country were the Chinese, then the Italians. Shallots probably weren't even grown here until my parents were adults, at least.

I remember when my mother first tasted zucchinis. She was around my current age, and had never seen them. We had moved to Sydney, where there was a much greater variety of foods, because of the ethnic population. She fell in love with them and ate them at every meal, to the point where my father complained!

Mind you, in those days hardly anyone in Sydney had heard of, let alone seen a custard apple, yet they were common in Queensland. Transportation of food and storage has improved over the years.

I'd like to

roam

around the place where my veges were grown. I put a handful of sweet basil and several shallots in some tofu fry-up toiday, and it was lovely knowing that I have grown them, and they're so fresh.

Those little horses are super cute.

Do you like spicy foods?

8064. Ayla8728 January 2013, 7:12 GMT +01:00

Oh yes, Christa and I love spicy foods, and I think it is great that we share these interests. It's certainly bad if you have to argue about every meal. For us this is a great source of delight. No need to

moan

like in Christas childhood when certain food was to be eaten over and over again.

Yes, it is very fascinating to see your own veges grow on the fields before you buy them in the shop fresh the next week when they are readily grown. regional and organic, what more could we ask for. That's absolutely "trendy", and it feels good and healthy.

The only plants we grow in reach of the cats is the cat grass grown from oat. Everything else would be devastated by them.

8065. xymonau28 January 2013, 8:26 GMT +01:00

I like some chili, but not too much. I do love peanut sate with a bit of a kick to it, but if it's going to burn, it just spoils the food for me. I like Indian style curry - mild - but I never eat Indian takeaway. A bit of black pepper is nice, too. I think it can irritate your stomach too much, so it's best to have it only occasionally. Then again, some countries live on the stuff, don't they?

I have been trying to chomp through all the mangoes I bought, but I think I'm going to have to give some away. I just can't do it! LOL I finally cut the watermelon. It was horrible! I have no idea why, but it was completely flavourless. I won't be buying my fruit and veg at that place again, sadly. (It's 30kms from here, anyway!)

And I've decided to buy only magoes with the

name

"Kensington Pride" if I can help it. The R2E2s are wearing a bit thin. They're huge, and hard to peel, and they just don't have the best flavour.

Do the cats like the grass? I always found that my cats ate a lot of grass, and I see indoor cats looking for a substitute when nothing is given to them. Like plastic.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera