Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > changes to 'rejected' please???

changes to 'rejected' please???

1. fishmonk28 September 2010, 21:41 GMT +02:00

I got an image rejected - silly me - I'd left in an overlooked brand name.
No problem... I just opened it up & cloned it out.

However, I now notice, in photo management, once an image is rejected, all the keywords & other info disappears. If this was not the case it would have made it so easy to resubmit.
I hadn't saved keywords separately for this image - I didn't know they would be inaccessible if the image was rejected...

Could we either have the image details available so as to easily copy & paste it back in when resubmitting OR
(& preferably)
could we have a 'resubmit amended image' button?

2. micromoth29 September 2010, 22:31 GMT +02:00

I always write my keywords separately as a .txt file and then copy and paste the whole lot in at once. It's always possible using this approach to just keep the .txt file handy until one knows if an image has been accepted (or not!). However, I agree that a "resubmit amended image" button might be better still.

3. weirdvis30 September 2010, 9:00 GMT +02:00

That was a good SXC feature we all made use of. I've passed this along.

4. jazza7 October 2010, 22:30 GMT +02:00

The image details for rejected photos are available now in the photo - management section. Now wait for the next rejection ;)

5. fishmonk8 October 2010, 21:14 GMT +02:00

Great work! Cant wait to be rejected...
Thanks!

6. mzacha19 October 2010, 10:49 GMT +02:00

Works great for me. Thanks ;)

7. fishmonk19 October 2010, 11:55 GMT +02:00

There we go - didn't take long...

Love the change - thanks!

8. saavem19 October 2010, 12:58 GMT +02:00

I like a lot this change, I missed it too!

9. certifiable1 November 2010, 15:37 GMT +01:00

Maybe an option to resubmit would be nice? for example: I just had some photos rejected because of bad keywords, but instead of just changing them and pressing resubmit, I had to start all over again(choosing the type etc) wich is a lot more work.

10. fishmonk1 November 2010, 19:42 GMT +01:00

I think we are all in agreement about this. However, I think it is definitely on the list of stuff to get done, so we just have to be a bit patient whilst we wait the changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, those in the know...

11. xymonau2 November 2010, 0:08 GMT +01:00

Yes, it is definitely on the list of things to do. Just remember, we are a relatively new site that grew from nothing. There is still a lot of fine tuning, and everyone is a volunteer. I agree about the work involved in re-doing the wording, etc, on images. I just hate that!

12. lennie2 November 2010, 13:54 GMT +01:00

Part of the problem is, we are a bit unsure what to build and review-process changes take quiet a bit of time to build.

We want to make something that makes it easy for you and doesn't overload the reviewers.

For example people re-submitting many times.

Giving the reviewers more buttons to click on adds to the work as well.

Maybe automatically allow re-submitting when keywords was the only reason for rejection ?

13. Ayla872 November 2010, 14:10 GMT +01:00

Yes, there are quite a number of possibilities where it could be allowed to (automatically) resubmit for a re-evaluation, depending on a given rejection reason. E.g. for "cropping should be improved": simply re-upload in a different filesize.

But I suppose it would be helpful for the reviewers to instantly see that an image is not totally new, but resubmitted. I think it would help to have an automatic flag which marks an image as being resubmitted and allows the approver to see the "history" of the (re-submitted) image, e.g. the (last) rejection reason. So the revision would not have to start all over again but might concentrate a bit more on the (suggested) changes to an image (logos removed or something like this).
--Michael

14. lennie3 November 2010, 16:37 GMT +01:00

Yes, I did want to add a flag/visual for re-submitted.

Hmm, history... sounds like a lot of work. :-)

The previous one is probably easiest and possible enough.

15. Ayla874 November 2010, 6:24 GMT +01:00

Oh, I'm absolutely sure you will find the perfect balance between not too complicated to do, not too complicated to use and making everyone tremenduosly happy. Previous site improvements have shown lots of your efficiency already :)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera