Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Competition 2 - "Funny Business"

Competition 2 - "Funny Business"

1. xymonau18 October 2010, 10:45 GMT +02:00

Okay, guys – here it is:

RGBStock announces it’s second competition. The winning entries will be chosen by our members, and this will lead up to and overlap our Christmas competition. You’re going to be busy!

This competition will have a winning photo and a winning graphic, so you could win both!
Opening date : Friday October 22 2010
Closing date : Friday November 26 2010

1. The theme – Funny Business. You may interpret this in any way you wish, but remember that we are a stock site, and proper business images are in high demand. Be creative, use your imagination, and if you really are stuck, contact me on the contact form on my profile and I can give you some ideas.

2. Minimum image size – the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 pixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.

3. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs – comphot02
for graphics - comgrap02

4. You may enter as many images as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note – all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here.

5. The Prize – display of the winning entries on our front page.

6. Voting – Every member of RGBstock (uploader or downloader) is allowed three votes. We want to ensure this is done fairly, so if you cast more votes, none of your votes will be counted. The first vote is worth one point, second, two points, third, three points. Wait until after the last day of the competition before you vote, as once they are cast, you can’t change them. You have one week after the closing date to make your decision.

To vote, type the keyword, “comphot02” or comgrap02” into the search box. The images that are found are the entries. Look through them all, make your decision, then type this into the comment box on the image:
Xymonau (naturally, use your tag) – 1 point Funny Business Competition (or 2 points, or three). Then when you have finished voting on the images themselves, come back to the topic which will be named, “Funny Business Comp – Vote Here”, and make a post with links to the images you have chosen, and the number of points next to each link. This gives us two ways to confirm the accuracy of our counting. Be careful do both for your vote to count.

On the closing date, several people will check the tally for accuracy. The winner will be announced soon after in the General Chat Forum. In the event of a tie, you are allowed to adopt a foetal position and sulk, but we will post both images.

One person could win both categories.

Get busy! We can't wait to see the entries start pouring in on Friday. Thank you for joining in. Your participation will make this exciting and a lot of fun!

2. fishmonk18 October 2010, 14:58 GMT +02:00

Brilliant!!!

3. xymonau18 October 2010, 22:35 GMT +02:00

bump

4. fishmonk19 October 2010, 22:46 GMT +02:00

Loving the pin!

5. xymonau19 October 2010, 23:15 GMT +02:00

Saves us getting bruised from all the bumping! LOL

6. fangol20 October 2010, 8:38 GMT +02:00

Great idea! I will try to create something for this Competition :)

7. Zela20 October 2010, 9:07 GMT +02:00

I hope you had your fingers out of the way in time before Jay pushed the pin in Dez. ;-)

8. pitabox98720 October 2010, 14:12 GMT +02:00

Hi Dez,

Great to see another competition! I'll see if I can concoct something up in my spare time (my gallery needs some more additions regardless...)

(Time to put those eight cores of processing power to good use! Can't let them go to waste...)

9. micromoth20 October 2010, 21:12 GMT +02:00

Er... what's all this "bump" business? Pardon my ignorance.

10. xymonau20 October 2010, 23:06 GMT +02:00

When you make a post, the topic goes to the top of the list. "Bump" just means you have nothing to add, but want to bump the topic to the top so people will see it.

11. pitabox98721 October 2010, 6:11 GMT +02:00

@9 Similar to on some forums where 'announcements' always get placed first; it just means it will always readily visible.

In the case where multiple "bumped" threads exist then usually they adopt the date and time chronology of normal forum threads (apart from always being at the top.)

Hope that helps!

:)

12. xymonau28 October 2010, 11:08 GMT +02:00

No entries yet. Waiting... :)

13. fishmonk28 October 2010, 21:50 GMT +02:00

come on guys... lets get uploading!

I have an idea or two but no camera. When my youngest returns in a few days I will borrow her P&S & get something in...

14. lusi28 October 2010, 23:55 GMT +02:00

I have a camera but no idea :(

15. xymonau29 October 2010, 0:12 GMT +02:00

Ideas:

animals in ties and business regalia

little kids in ties and business regalia

folders with suitable names with a bomb partly hidden inside (for example, "deadline" or "budget"

cash registers or computer stuff with faces

groups of people dressed for work with one looking inappropriate

and with the double meaning - anything else that's funny - animals, kids, set-up images (e.g. like bits hanging out of closed car doors), "before" pics for beauty products (cracked skin, photoshopped exagerated fatness, bad hair days, etc).

16. micromoth29 October 2010, 22:13 GMT +02:00

Okay, I've made a start, and I see that Zela has too. Any more coming today?

17. crisderaud1 November 2010, 16:17 GMT +01:00

I entered one. Don't know if I qualify to enter, but I want to add to the fun!.

18. xymonau2 November 2010, 3:05 GMT +01:00

I was to post the xmas competition to overlap this one, but there is clearly little interest. Maybe it's a bad time of the year?

19. Ayla872 November 2010, 6:55 GMT +01:00

Dez, for most people the terms funny and business do not really match, so the number of entries obviously depends on the subject of a competition. I would expect xmas to be a much broader subject. But even then - not everyone really wants to compete directly with his photos. I suggest, not to worry too much about all these questions, just give it a try and don't be too upset if the numbers of entries are not always ground-shaking :)
--Michael

20. lusi2 November 2010, 9:52 GMT +01:00

@18 I am sure that there will be much more entries for the christmas competion because everyone shoots xmas photos (bussines themes are far more challenging). In any case, dont give up! By the way , I already have 2 photos waiting to be uploaded for the comp03 :)

21. fishmonk2 November 2010, 13:27 GMT +01:00

I love the fact that we have to think a little harder to come up with ideas. "Funny Business", for me, is a much more interesting theme than Christmas, for which I would already be uploading images...
We will undoubtedly have less entries than in a ubiquitous christmas-themed competition, but that's not a bad thing. I'm enjoying the images I've seen so far, anyway.
It may be worth starting the xmas comp soon & overlapping the two.

22. fangol2 November 2010, 13:44 GMT +01:00

Hi,

I will upload my work for the "Funny Business" competition soon. I've just finish it :) I think all the competitions are good and fun. I already have a few ideas and graphics elements for the Christmas competition. Several of them I have already published out of competition :)

Good day :)

23. fangol2 November 2010, 15:26 GMT +01:00

I've just uploaded the next one :)

24. xymonau5 November 2010, 2:04 GMT +01:00

"Funny Business" doesn't have to be about business images. It's a play on words of a common expression in English. Your images can be anything funny.

25. Ayla875 November 2010, 6:21 GMT +01:00

Dez, good that you mention this. I didn't know this common expression.
--Michael

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera