Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > Rejection because of Logos / tradenames etc...

Rejection because of Logos / tradenames etc...

1. wolliballa19 October 2010, 18:14 GMT +02:00

Can anyone imagine a todays photo ( except flowers and pussy cats ) not carrying a logo or trade name somewhere. You'll possibly are not able to take any photo in urban environment without.....
Every copy/cut/paste/handcut typically does harm image quality

Unless a logo or brandname takes the main portion of the picture and is obviously the subject itself, we should not be over-cautious....
Has anyone of the photographs or publishers ever been contacted by lawyers with regard to that issue ? Lets discuss...

(A picture of a bulk of freight containers ( obviously every box carrying a sweet and tiny logo/script....), was rejected because of this reason.

2. fishmonk19 October 2010, 20:39 GMT +02:00

Yes - I have some great 'container depot' wide angle shots which I couldn't face uploading due to above reason. I'm happy to clone out stuff when it's not much work but to get rid of every logo on these many & very useable shots would have taken me too long.

3. certifiable27 October 2010, 20:31 GMT +02:00

They rejected a photo of mine because of that reason.. It was a photo of a fence and a lock, I honestly can't find the logo, but according to them there is one.

Shooting photos in the street is a hard thing to do if you've got to keep logo's in mind...

EDIT: They just rejected some photos of guys who are sand sailing... there are (very) tiny logos on the sails...

4. fishmonk27 October 2010, 21:59 GMT +02:00

My lock (http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/miym1ri/) had a logo on it - I had overlooked it because it was both very simple & lightly cut into the brass side of the lock. Maybe yours is similar, or perhaps its behind the fence in the distance?

Sounds like the sail logos will be an easy & quick clone job.

It's never nice getting rejected but it happens to us all.

Good luck re-submitting.

5. fishmonk27 October 2010, 22:02 GMT +02:00

Stefan, I had a look at your lock (I think I got the right picture) I reckon its the (only just) visible end of the word etched into the lock just to the right of the rusty chain.My guess is it's a trade name or logo.
I like the image btw...

[edit]

Ah, it could be your other 'fence & lock picture' - in which case the offending logo could be a kind of triangle shaped logo in the lower centre of the lock itself...

6. certifiable27 October 2010, 22:20 GMT +02:00

How can you see those? I deleted them after they got denied..
Ow it's not that I really mind, but photographing common things get harder when even the tiniest logo is a problem...

EDIT: They are different form the ones that are online now... it was a photo of a fence with a lock locking it.

7. fishmonk27 October 2010, 22:48 GMT +02:00

There are two such photos on your website - the address of which is on your gallery info. I thought it may be one of them.

(?)

8. certifiable28 October 2010, 14:22 GMT +02:00

Ah sorry, you're right.. I thought you were talking about my gallery on RGBstock...

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera