It’s time to put on your thinking caps and dig out your cameras and graphic tablets!
RGBStock announces its first Christmas Competition! There will be two winners selected – one photo and one graphic.
Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.
Opening date : Monday November 8 2010
Closing date : Friday December 17 2010
Here are the rules:
1. Minimum image size – the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 megapixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.
2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs – comphot03
for graphics - comgrap03
This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry.
3. The theme is CHRISTMAS, and everything that relates to it. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. “Winter Holiday” images will also be accepted. There are no boundaries on content or colour. Just remember that your peers will be voting, and the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.
4. You may enter as many images as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note – all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here.
5. The Prize – display of the winning entries on our front page. And a lot of fun.
6. Voting – Every member of RGBstock (uploader or downloader) is allowed three votes. If you cast more votes, none of your votes will be counted. The first vote is worth one point, second, two points, third, three points. Wait until after the last day of the competition before you vote, as once they are cast, you can’t change them. You have one week after the closing date to make your decision.
To vote, type the keyword, “xmasphot03” or "xmasgrap03” into the search box. The images that are found are the entries. Look through them all, make your decision, then type this into the comment box on the image:
Xymonau (naturally, use your tag) – 1 point Christmas Competition (or 2 points, or three). Then when you have finished voting on the images themselves, come back to the topic which will be named, “Christmas Comp – Vote Here”, and make a post with links to the images you have chosen, and the number of points next to each link. This gives us two ways to confirm the accuracy of voting. You must do both for your vote to count.
On the closing date, several people will check the tally for accuracy. The winner will be announced soon after in the General Chat Forum. In the event of a tie, you are allowed to weep with disappointment, but we will post both images.
Yes, one person could win both categories.
Excellent ad on front page! Nice work indeed...
hehe. I hate to point out theat it's spelled CRistmas on the front page... It looks pretty though.
Oh yes. I had not noticed. Maybe it's an entry to the other comp...
Thanks for pointing out the typo ;-) It is fixed.
Nice work, again - I like it.
Please take a look at this image mJb0DGg It has the required keyword in the search field but does not show up in the contest. Thanks. Bob
If it's the bell, it's showing in my list, Bob.
It's showing up in mine now. Thanks.
I might post some of mine, but I wouldn't want to be part of the comp... they've been up for a while in other places. :P
Paula, I think if the images haven't been seen on this site, then it might be okay. Even if you entered one or two only. After all, they will be new to RGBStock.
I uploaded 2 new ones I made. :)
That's great! I'm off to see them!
I want to vote now but I'm being a bit thick. Were is the “Christmas Comp – Vote Here” topic ? Or isn't it going up until after the 17th.
BTW. It's comphot03 and comgrap03 not “xmasphot03” or "xmasgrap03” as stated in part 6 @1 ;0)
I've messed up again. Sorry, people.
The vote here topic will be put up around the 17th, but it might be too long leaving the voting for a whole week, since it will close xmas eve, and I don't know if our admin will be around to put the winners up. I will likely be in Brisbane without a computer at that time, too. These plans happened since I wrote the blurb. I'm really sorry, but I am just busy and maybe someone else can do the next comp.