Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > What is your Christmas Menu?

What is your Christmas Menu?

1. Ayla8724 December 2010, 15:09 GMT +01:00

Most familys and regions have their traditions what they eat at Christmas days.
Tell us about your menu!

To make a start:
We have something rather seldom just out of the oven 2 minutes ago (still too hot to start eating): absolutely self-made vegetarian pizza. This is what we bake each Christmas for some years now. I can tell you, it's very delicious (and special for us, because we don't eat pizza every day).
--Michael

2. lusi24 December 2010, 16:18 GMT +01:00

On Christmas Eve we eat cod, and on Christmas it is usually roast turkey with pasta tatters

3. fangol24 December 2010, 17:45 GMT +01:00

In Poland at the Christmas Eve table has to be found precisely twelve dishes.
This could be for example:
- Big bean with pickled cabbage,
- Polish pie with cabbage and mushrooms,
- Kutia-Special Christmas dishes,
- Beetroot soup with special small pie,
- Carp roasted with butter,
- Carp in jelly,
- Christmas cabbagewith mushrooms,
- Potatoes with fresh dill,
- Christmas buckwheat groats,
- Wheaten dumplings with poppy seed,
- Mashroom soup,
- Fish soup.

other delights:
- Christmas fruit stew,
- Gingerbread with honey and cardamom,
- Homemade poppy-seed cake,
- Homemade vegetable salad,
- Fruits,
- Nuts,
- Chocolate,
etc.

4. greekgod25 December 2010, 4:15 GMT +01:00

We had pork and chicken cuts skewered and grilled, roasted pig, steamed shrimps, prawns sizzled in butter and garlic, canned fruit in cream, steamed rice, asian-style noodles with cabbages & carrots, grilled milkfish.

5. gesinek25 December 2010, 11:23 GMT +01:00

We have normally potato salad and sausages on christmas eve. this year we went to my sister in law how has three children and everything is a little bit diffecult on christmas eve . we had classic fondue.
On christmas we'll have a duck and next day a goose when we visted our friends and monday no trouser will fit anymore ;-)

6. xymonau26 December 2010, 10:27 GMT +01:00

Michael, are you vegetarian? I prefer to be, but am not currently.

Australian Christmas is very eclectic. We vary between the full roast dinner, to a platter of cold meats and salads. But ham is THE thing, it seems. These days turkey is popular, but when I was growing up, we always had roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast pumpkin, peas and gravy for the main meal, followed by plum pudding and custard, or ice cream, or trifle. Stone fruits, mangoes, cherries, grapes are all popular, and you have to have lots of nuts of all varieities. And any and every junk food known to man.

I don't eat pigs, so ham is not what I have - ever. I was invited to my son's place this year, and they served up a roasted turkey breast with roasted vegetables (they have air conditioning, so it's okay!), and the grandchildren finished off with parfait. We toasted with orange juice.

7. jazza26 December 2010, 11:00 GMT +01:00

I cooked hot, spicy, Indonesian chicken. We ate it with rice, cabbage salad and several groceries. I think there is not a typical Dutch Christmas dinner. At my parents we ate turkey with fried potatoes.

The Polish and the Philippine food sounds very delicious:)

8. Ayla8726 December 2010, 11:27 GMT +01:00

Dez, Christa is vegetarian, and I go along with that mostly since she cooks very well and spicy. I only eat meat about once a week (mostly chicken).

Jay, you are a man with many talents, not only caring for RGB so well, but a great cook, too :)

I have the impression that the 12 polish varieties must take quite a lot of time to prepare, but it sure sounds very delicious and diversified.
--Michael

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera