Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Files used in templates

Files used in templates

1. Zela15 February 2011, 10:04 GMT +01:00

I found a lot of RGBStock or perhaps SXC files used in templates at: http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products&product=max

Have a look. You might find some of yours in there too. The templates are customizable so it is not said that your files end up in the final design but it would be nice to know if anyone has been contacted by this firm about the use of the files.

I haven't contacted them yet but might do so if there are objections to the usage of files in these templates.

2. xymonau15 February 2011, 11:04 GMT +01:00

220 is mine, although they have changed the colours on a couple. TouTouke's image that we have on our front page is on one, woodsy's (I think) training track image is on another. I think you should write to them corporately, Zela. I wrote about my own images.

3. xymonau15 February 2011, 11:15 GMT +01:00

Any "company" whose bank is located in Bong Bong Street, Bowral, can't be legit! LOL They don't put their phone number on the site, but maybe I can find it and give them a call. They're in New South Wales, but I pay a flat rate for my calls, so it would only cost a dollar. I'll see what I can do.

4. lusi15 February 2011, 12:13 GMT +01:00

The training track image is mine but I don't have anything against them using it. Perhaps they even asked permission, I realy don't know...

5. Zela15 February 2011, 12:23 GMT +01:00

That's the problem indeed Lusi. I can't recall either and they do not seem to sell the templates with the files. They are only used for placeholders I think.
Perhaps Dez could inquire that. She speaks Aussie ;-)

At least they could offer a link to our site for using the files since most of our sxc files are taken down.

6. micromoth15 February 2011, 21:49 GMT +01:00

@5 I agree, Marja. I recognised one of my shots of tree roots amongst their templates. Though I don't object to this use as such, I do think that as the templates are used to support a commercial product then the least they could do is offer some credit to RGBStock and the authors of the images used.

7. xymonau17 February 2011, 10:41 GMT +01:00

They have no listed phone numbers that are legitimate, and they haven't responded to my email. Rude people.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera