Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

woohoo Im on the front page and the shock has sent me funny,,,,er!

1. happyture18 February 2011, 9:34 GMT +01:00

Thanks, could of warned me though, as the shock has made me go all Funny-er than normal... :o)

602. happyture7 June 2011, 12:30 GMT +02:00

Bless you, hope you get well soon Dezzie :O)

603. xymonau7 June 2011, 12:57 GMT +02:00

Thank you, Mikey. I am fine, really. Just a few twinges here and there. I am so grateful I live in a country where we have good medical treatment. Even if the dentists should be wearing masks and riding horses.

604. happyture7 June 2011, 15:08 GMT +02:00

Ha haaaa,,, yeah "stand and deliver" money or your wife :O)

605. xymonau8 June 2011, 10:05 GMT +02:00

I found the name of a cheaper guy. His surname is "Pullen"" - no kidding!

606. happyture8 June 2011, 13:20 GMT +02:00

Dezzie.....I might be cabbage looking, but i,m not green gurl!!! surly you joke madam??

607. happyture8 June 2011, 13:34 GMT +02:00

Ha ha ha whoooooo ha ha ha ,,,,just been to have a chat with the vicar from the church where i,m doing the wedding photographs, I shook hands and said my name is Michael i shall be doing the photography Saturday, he said oh pleased to meet you my name is vicar Ben, Den. knees, so i asked, is there anything that you do not wish me to do while the wedding is progressing, he said no,no, you can do what you like,,well, as long as you dont flash in my eyes, oh and dont walk about, oh, and dont talk or make noise, oh and dont stand in front of me, etc etc etc etc etc !!! he went on for ages and then said,, And make sure the brides on time OOO0000000oooooooh he was funny :O)

608. xymonau8 June 2011, 14:28 GMT +02:00

I'm not lying about the dentist's name. http://local.yahoo.com.au/business/3.67034823858899/dr-pullen-dental-surgery/maryborough

The vicar sounds like a nice man.

609. happyture8 June 2011, 15:56 GMT +02:00

Dr pullen teefs,,,,now i iz amazed ..

610. xymonau9 June 2011, 10:26 GMT +02:00

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/16/1087244980359.html Dick Face?

611. happyture9 June 2011, 12:41 GMT +02:00

Well Dezzie,,Really! i just didn't know what to expect then,, if that was me id be first inline at the dee-pole office and change it!!

612. xymonau9 June 2011, 13:35 GMT +02:00

Parents should be fined when they name kids awful names. I had a friend once who was born with the surname "Leblowitz". His father shortened it to "Lee". At least he had some concern for his kids.

613. happyture9 June 2011, 15:40 GMT +02:00

Yeah,,as a kid i would get wade in the water wade in the water , wade in the water ...

614. xymonau11 June 2011, 9:51 GMT +02:00

I have no sympathy. That's so mild. My nicknames were "Dizzy", and then as I got older, "Disease" (because my name sounds a bit like that. I had a friend writing to me for years, and at the age of 14 I suddenly realised that getting a letter that began, "Dear Disease", was really gross. Noone meant it to be hurtful - at least after the first time - and I was so used to even teachers being unable to say my name that I just accepted it. Even now, I cringe when people start on about, "That's an unusual name! Where does it come from?" I feel like saying, "Wow! So it is! I have no idea !"

615. happyture11 June 2011, 11:02 GMT +02:00

Think i,ll stick to Dezzie then, just in case you poke me in the eye with a pointy stick or sumfink, My nick name is Welly, most of my close friends still call it me, Welly waders? mmm, didn't take a brain surgeon to work that one out mmm, plus when i do somethink i give it loads of welly, English expression for full power no holding back, give it some welly, do you Oztralians have that expression ???

616. xymonau11 June 2011, 11:20 GMT +02:00

No. We call them gumboots. Giving it gummy just doesn't have the same ring, duzzit? LOL We do say "giving it some stick" - meaning much the same, although primarily directed at motor vehicles.

I saw a Monty Python skit the other day that was going on about pointed sticks - in a Welsh accent - and it made me laugh.

617. xymonau11 June 2011, 11:20 GMT +02:00

No. We call them gumboots. Giving it gummy just doesn't have the same ring, duzzit? LOL We do say "giving it some stick" - meaning much the same, although primarily directed at motor vehicles.

I saw a Monty Python skit the other day that was going on about pointed sticks - in a Welsh accent - and it made me laugh.

618. happyture11 June 2011, 14:12 GMT +02:00

Yes, the Welsh nations first primary form of defence, a nice pointy stick, the Brits don't like um up um you know, :O) Oh and thank you for your comments Dezzie, like hens teeth on here now a nice remark/comment.

619. xymonau11 June 2011, 14:16 GMT +02:00

Well, the place hasn't been running long. The other place had been going for a lot of years, and there was a lot more traffic. I'd say in about three years time, we'll have a lot more downloads, comments, and general through traffic. Just don't hold your breath. Blue isn't your colour!

620. happyture11 June 2011, 14:27 GMT +02:00

Yeah, your right, well, off to photograph a wedding in a hour, its grey, raining and cold, a traditional English summer, I just cant do with being told to F**&^% off when i ask them to do a family group photo outside, a few of my friends have stopped doing the whole family thing as they say it sometimes starts arguments among the family's. i said this was my last but already the grooms friend wants me to do his....dunno just dunno!!!

621. xymonau12 June 2011, 3:05 GMT +02:00

How did the wedding go? Any fights? I'd love to have a really great camera and the power to force people to pose for me. I've seen some absolutely appalling staged photos of brides and wedding parties. You just have to wonder what were they thinking. Do you get them into "artistic" poses?

622. happyture12 June 2011, 11:41 GMT +02:00

Well, have you ever witnessed a pub brawl, everybody became a photographer, all must have visited the pub beforehand and all had turned tone deaf, up to date one of the hardest yet, as many people behind me with cameras as stood in front, yet the ones behind me were supposed to be in the family portrait So,,i had to BLOW my top, It worked anyway, I got what i could get, very, very hard work, Oh, and my camera shouted Error in the church as the wedding was taking place, so i whipped battery pack off, removed card and re set up,as fast as possible, lucky for me Error went away and so did my palpitations :O)

623. xymonau12 June 2011, 14:04 GMT +02:00

Wow - that would be a panic time. I laughed at the scene with everyone wanting to take a photo instead of get into it! Drunks are boring, and getting them to do anything takes the patience of Job. Were there many there?

624. happyture12 June 2011, 20:57 GMT +02:00

180 plus guests, My nerves are shot at the moment, was scary i tell ya, My poor Nikon, what am i to do, my trusty friend has left me knowing that a Error message can pop up any time, Ah well, Patience, no, i needed drugs to calm me down at this wedding, was beyond silly, bordering on insane, I have never ever seen so many people at a wedding with cameras and they all became photographers at the same time,,it was the stuff nightmares are made off, At one point, and this is the truth, I was attempting to take a photo of a family group, and to get all in i had to move back about 4 meters, i picked up camera and tripod and without looking back started to walk backwards not knowing that directly behind me was a lady kneeling taking a photo, I WENT FLYING, That sadly was the point where my temper sadly got the better of me and I SHOUTED, WILL YOU PLEASE! PLEASE PUT YOUR CAMERAS AWAY AND GET INTO THE PHOTO PLEASE!!!! At which point at least 15 people gave me a dirty look and walked off , sadly heading straight back to the pub!! Apart from that, things went fantastic?

625. xymonau13 June 2011, 2:22 GMT +02:00

Wow. What a circus! I hope they pay you well.

Yes, everyone is an amateur photographer these days. Not like when film had to be paid for. Now you can take a hundred pics and hope one of them turns out. Previously, you had to learn your craft, because it was an expensive business.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera