Rgbstock forum

forum > Newbie chat > Hello!

Hello!

1. boogy_man30 May 2011, 12:11 GMT +02:00

Hello RGB :)
It's nice to be here, I actually saw a comment to a photo in sxc about this comunity and rushed to sing up! I will transfer my small gallery from sxc here, it could have been 3 times the actual size but it seems sxc staff rejects many photos lately. I was wondering if the reason "flat/dull colors, blown-out highlight, harsh reflect" is the common one to rejection of a photo ?! Useless to ask sxc staff as they avoid answering :)
I'm glad to be here, so is my new nikon camera :D, to as many freek stoch photos as it can get.
Mike

2. boogy_man30 May 2011, 12:26 GMT +02:00

I meant free stock photos, my workplace keyboard is pretty used up :)

3. Ayla8730 May 2011, 12:29 GMT +02:00

Welcome on the bright side of life, Mihai!
--Michael

4. xymonau30 May 2011, 13:33 GMT +02:00

Hi, Mike! You've made a good choice. We are new, but growing fast, and we are certainly friendlier than that site. I look forward to seeing all your images.

5. Abyla31 May 2011, 10:39 GMT +02:00

Welcome !

6. micromoth2 June 2011, 13:47 GMT +02:00

Welcome to RGB Stock! You have some very nice shots in your gallery - I look forward to seeing some more as time goes by.

7. boogy_man23 June 2011, 12:12 GMT +02:00

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will try to constantly upload new stuff, tho I have a lot of bad photos to filter from the good ones (its my first DSLR and I've shot like crazy :P almost 10k photos in its first month). Since I see none is willing to answer on the regional chat (maybe most don't know of this site or are hit and run bastards) I would be honored if I could help you guys with translations EN->RO/RO->EN if needed.
One of many things I like on rbg is that, unlike sxc, there's actually a realistic and reasonable rejection reason for a photo, feels like a response from an actual human being, boy I love that!
Nice meeting you guys :) especially Jay! I have to admit that I was a bit surprised of the fast mail replies from the staff :).

8. xymonau23 June 2011, 13:51 GMT +02:00

Fortunately, we're still small enough to do that. I imagine in the years to come that we might not have the time to do everyone the courtesy, but it is one of the nice things here. The translation might come in handy if we think images are being misused on other sites. Sometimes the Google translations aren't clear enough to work that out. So thank you.

Keep the photos coming. They're the lifeblood of the site, and the more variety we have, the better it is for downloaders. Remember to use as many keywords as you can. Youri Arcurs has a keywording tool here:

http://www.arcurs.com/keywording/

This makes it so much easier. You can have up to 50 keywords, and this is the only way your images can be seen once they disappear from the new images section. Copy keywords from other similar images if you're having any problems. And if you need further help, don't hesitate to ask. I am always willing to help with keywords.

9. boogy_man23 June 2011, 14:16 GMT +02:00

Very handy info and site! Have to admit that my images lack keywording richness, not anymore from this moment :)

10. xymonau24 June 2011, 1:40 GMT +02:00

I noticed your post in the Regional forum. Are there any Romanian sites where you can promote RGBStock? That way you can at least have a local to talk to! LOL

11. boogy_man24 June 2011, 13:13 GMT +02:00

I'll try my best to promote RGB, I work at Carrefour (Hyper/Supermarket chain), you surely heard of it, so who knows, maybe they have a section within I can do some advertising. In a way I find it relaxing that I'm the only one swimming on the forum, most of romanians are usually destructive human beings.

12. xymonau25 June 2011, 10:11 GMT +02:00

LOL Most human beings are destructive - some are just able to keep their own hands clean.

There is at least one - Costi - who is Romanian, I think. I hope I have that right. http://www.rgbstock.com/user/costiq
He lives in the UK now, though. I think there are probably more.

13. boogy_man19 August 2011, 18:31 GMT +02:00

He should be (if he isn't already) a paid photographer, he's got wonderful images there, I on the other hand have to select my best images from like a ton so no time to upload right now =(

14. xymonau20 August 2011, 11:42 GMT +02:00

Yes, me, too. Not that I am a photographer, really. But I enjoy messing around with images.

I think Costi does do professional work. Not sure, though. It has been a while since we communicated.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera