Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Travels

Travels

1. mzacha9 June 2011, 11:59 GMT +02:00

I love to travel. But usually i do not have time to do it. Even though I have been this year in Ostrava (Czech Republic) and Paris. And I am still planning to visit some nice places this summer/autumn.

And what about you? Do you like traveling? What is your favorite place what this the place you always dreamed about but never been to?

2. johnnyberg9 June 2011, 12:05 GMT +02:00

I love to travel too - and I have 1000 places on the "want-to-see" list. But moeny and time seems to work against the completion of the list......

My favorit place is Rome, Italy. I just can't get enough of this wonderfull city. The city of all cities - in my opinion. Its just great to walk in the middle of the european heartbeat of history and at the same time be able to look at a people more proud than anywhere else I have been.

This year I think my summertravel will be within the borders of Denmark: I think I will take 14 days of sailing in my boat.

3. mzacha9 June 2011, 13:04 GMT +02:00

I have been one day in Rome, something like 15 years ago. I remember it was really hot day and I was seeking for the fountains (because of water in it). Of course it is amazing town with many mysteries and amazing buildings. And delicious pizza.

But I am not sure if I do not prefer Venice due to the cats, picturesque landscape and history. ;)

4. Gramps9 June 2011, 13:46 GMT +02:00

Love the Dominican Republic. We have been going there for around 15 years now (before the big hotel chains got in). Giving the north east of Cuba a go this year. We did the south east about 5 years ago. Lovely people and it's steeped in history.

5. jazza10 June 2011, 9:23 GMT +02:00

I live right besides the road from Warsaw to Amsterdam. If you travel to the west you are welcome Michal. I am always at home, and never travel much.

6. gesinek12 June 2011, 17:14 GMT +02:00

I want to visit Reykjavik, Riga and Sicily. I think that are very amazing and vital places.
In a few weeks we'll visit Denmark again. May be we could effort to go to Copenhagen, which is one of my beloved towns.

But we always drive to Motorcycles races cause my friend is taking part at a tournament. So it is mostly the same laces we go to and we have not enough day of holyday (and not enough money) to manage any other targets

7. xymonau13 June 2011, 6:03 GMT +02:00

I can't afford to travel much. But if you ever want a great holiday, and have the money, the Whitsunday Islands, off the Queensland coast, are like heaven. I've only been nearby, but the scenery is stunning, and in Autumn or spring, the temperature is perfect.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZRyYnzOm4uA/SR_sZMIMH3I/AAAAAAAAACM/V8Vl3FVRs_g/s1600-h/White_Haven_beach_Whitsunday_Islands.JPG

The Sunshine Coast is also beautiful, with a choice of rolling hills or beaches a half hour from each other. A very beautiful place.

http://www.pleasetakemeto.com/australia/sunshine-coast/information Let the photos scroll through on this page.

8. micromoth14 June 2011, 13:42 GMT +02:00

My wife and I have recently come back from El Gastor, a wonderful location amid the hills and mountains of Andalucia, Spain. Thoroughly recommend it. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Gastor

9. fishmonk20 June 2011, 23:29 GMT +02:00

My favourite place to have visited has to be Bali. It was so different to here in UK. I feel blessed to have been to so many wonderful places in the past year & unfortunately I don't think I'll have the funds to continue to travel any more - certainly not for the forseeable future...
I would love to see Cuba though.

10. Ayla8721 June 2011, 6:28 GMT +02:00

I'm too restless lo lie on the beach anywhere and I don't like too much heat and sun, so I mostly make city trips. The city I like most and will always come back to is London. Very vivid, diversified and great for shopping tours. And I love to travel with the famous tube
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjCyAK/london+tube
and always marvel about the really very very long escalators there
http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mfjCwfA/very+long+escalator
Where I have never been and what I would like to see this year or next year is Amsterdam.
--Michael

11. weirdvis21 June 2011, 9:00 GMT +02:00

I love the west coast of Ireland. Or just about anywhere in Ireland outside of the cities. Saying that my local beauty spot is the Lake District less than an hour's drive away so I consider myself priviledged.

12. mikekorn21 June 2011, 13:12 GMT +02:00

I love Bulgaria. I was there only once, but I hope I'll be able to visit this country again soon :)

I usually travel across Poland with my wife and kids and we "discover" less popular tourist places. We hate crowd. Poland is so beautiful in summer and autumn, there are many picturesque lakes, wide beaches with soft sand, wild forests... The older I am the more I appreciate local beauty.

Hi to old friends :)

13. weirdvis21 June 2011, 15:25 GMT +02:00

Hi Mike, long time, no see. How are the wife and kids? :D

14. mikekorn21 June 2011, 18:00 GMT +02:00

Hi Lynne :)
They are OK, growing up very fast :) How are you?

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera