Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > Camera for Christmas!

Camera for Christmas!

1. happyture13 December 2011, 7:37 GMT +01:00

Well its that time of year again, the photography shops are full to the britches with sparkly new cameras with more pixels and wonder gadgetry than you can wave a stick at, I am looking for a new camera but dont want to have a wheelbarrow to carry it around, I have been looking closely at the Panasonic G3 amazed at the size and control this camera seems to have, yet i am concerned that the iso settings only goes down to 160iso,,,,that i feel is rather high as my little fuji and Big Nikon go down much lower around 80iso with the fuji and 100iso with the Nikon,,,I can hear you all saying OMG he's rambling again, BUT i would love to hear your opinions on the many cameras that are on the market at the moment.

650. happyture2 December 2012, 2:19 GMT +01:00

Dont think so Mrs Im oldererer than you and by far more grumpyererer So dont even go there :O)

651. xymonau2 December 2012, 4:55 GMT +01:00

No, I'm older than you. Much prettier, naturally, and I possess incredible charm. But I am older. I think we've had this conversation before.

652. happyture3 December 2012, 9:28 GMT +01:00

Well,,,,,,,,,,I L@@k older and thats what matters :O)

653. xymonau3 December 2012, 10:21 GMT +01:00

Nope. Wrong again. You're seldom right when you're with me, have you noticed? Do I make you nervous?

654. happyture3 December 2012, 13:35 GMT +01:00

VERY, between my and you i get this twitch in my left eye while talking to you, funny thing is my doctor asked have i ever been poked with a stick,,so i told him all about you know who,,no names just follow my eyes @@....

655. xymonau3 December 2012, 13:42 GMT +01:00

...which appear to be looking at each other, so no clue there...

656. happyture3 December 2012, 14:32 GMT +01:00

Well if i mention your name you get all hupset dontya stamping feet and throwing sticks n stones Dontya :O(

657. xymonau3 December 2012, 22:45 GMT +01:00

Not if you mention it wiff reverence.

658. happyture3 December 2012, 23:15 GMT +01:00

Reverence,,,aint that summot to do with a vicor :0)

659. xymonau4 December 2012, 9:07 GMT +01:00

How didjopo know about the vicar??

660. happyture6 December 2012, 15:12 GMT +01:00

I knows everything cuz im psychic, thought you now'd that :O) Oh i been poorly again meself poorly stomach again dam blast it :O(

661. xymonau7 December 2012, 10:00 GMT +01:00

You hafta get well, corze I carn't take the severe langwidge. Yes, the judge tole me you woz psycho but Hye hargued that you knows right from left, so you shood hang. Beats me how you got off.

662. happyture10 December 2012, 7:02 GMT +01:00

Im feelin bettererer now thank you dezzie, cant eat much yet but the pain has eased so getting back to abnormal again thanks :o)

663. xymonau10 December 2012, 9:28 GMT +01:00

Gee, you had it bad, then, Mike. This is not good. If it's any comfort, I may have a crush fracture in one of my vertebrae, so you can feel glad it's me and not you. I've had a lot of pain and I'll have an xray on Thursday. I also have really bad fluid retention in my legs, and a rash from that. They've put me on cortisone, which makes me feel odd, and fluid tablets which - well, you know. The cortisone has eased some of my back pain, though, so that's a good thing.

We'll have to get matching hospital beds to commemorate this year, I think.

664. happyture12 December 2012, 8:21 GMT +01:00

Crush fracture that sounds right nasty Dezzie, I know spinal pain is like tooth ache there's no way out of it, hope it eases soon for you though Dezzie i shall be thinking of you, Yeah would be great that matching beds Ill eat the dinners you can have the puddings, and we could even share laptops be like a stopover wouldn't it Dezzie :O)

665. xymonau12 December 2012, 9:37 GMT +01:00

Right now the cortisone has eased a lot of it, and it's not too bad. And it would be a slight one, I think. I'm basically pain-free unless I move the wrong way. So that's very good. But I'm spaced out on the cortisone. I'll be off it in a few days, thankfully.

We went for our work xmas lunch (my second) today and it was very pleasant. However, the restaurant had assured me there would be dairy-free options available for dessert, and there weren't. I was really disappointed. I was looking forward to puddin'! Still, the main course was delicious, and down by the river was very pleasant.

Okay, I'll share food with you, but if I don't like the pudding, I get the main course. Deal?

666. happyture19 December 2012, 10:06 GMT +01:00

Your so lucky Dezzie, the only time i have had a free meal is when i was waiting for a train and someone came up and put a tenner in my hat ,,I was slightly offended when he asked did i sleep on the benches at the station but hey, he could call me Ma fat for a tenner, I had fish chips and a large portion of chips on him thank you very much :O)

667. xymonau19 December 2012, 22:40 GMT +01:00

I am never offended by the gift of money. Ahem...

Oh, well, if you want to be selfish...

I have two crush fractures, it seems. One old one and one acute. I have to see the doctor this afternoon to see what else is to be done. I'm not happy with this turn of events, Mikey. I want to speak to someone in charge and make a formal complaint about the quality of the year I purchased in 2012. I would like a refund, please.

668. happyture21 December 2012, 0:07 GMT +01:00

Yes not been a fantastic year has it, maybe 2013 will bring luck to us all here on this spinning ball we call earth, maybe 13 will bring luck, i hope so :O)

669. xymonau21 December 2012, 7:51 GMT +01:00

Life is life, and we have good times, too. We were lucky enough not to be born in third world countries, and that is a huge thing.

We had a client from a South American country here for a long time. He said until he left his country and saw how clean the public toilets were here, he had no idea why first world countries were called that. It made me laugh, but he made a good point.

670. happyture21 December 2012, 10:42 GMT +01:00

Yes your right Dezzie, we are living in luxury but we pay heavy here in the UK, taxes are through the roof we have even taxes on warm food, so sad, You can buy a cold pork pie cheaper than a warm on as once you have had it heated its taxable by 20% Aghh the fun of it,,,

671. xymonau22 December 2012, 13:31 GMT +01:00

I pay more than 40% of my income in tax, plus a goods and services tax on everything except uncooked food, so I do understand. I don't mind paying it if people get the benefit, but it's usually the pollies that are lining their pockets with it.

The doctor is going to do a bone density test on me. Those are worse than useless. She decided to do a blood test as well. Just pronounced that I have osteoporosis, and wouldn't have done anything unless I had asked, "How do you know?" I'm really irritated with doctors here. I could have cancer in my spine (I'm sure I don't), and they are supposed to rule that out with crush fractures. Not in this hell hole of a town. Talk about woop-woop!

(Woop Woop : invented name for any small unimportant town - "he lives in Woop Woop" ; Woop Woop, a much uttered knockabout colloquialism, refers to somewhere in the middle of nowhere. )

Anyway, I'll swallow pounds of vitamin D and do whatever I can to help myself. But my trip to Brisbane comes first. Then a few days being lazy - or maybe driving to Bundaberg, where i used to live. Go up for the day and have a look around. I just really need the mental break right now. I just had the air conditioner fixed in my car - about a month's wages - and so the summer heat doesn't kill me any more. We're having a heat wave right now. Not severe, but not pleasant, all the same. But we still dream of a white Christmas. Hallmark has a lot to answer for!

672. happyture22 December 2012, 16:05 GMT +01:00

Yes sounds like the UK with better weather, hell tax and doctors who dont really give a shit, yeah sounds just like dear old England, I think the doc's are paid too much, they should be on piece work then they might want to really see people, I dont go very often as every time i do they find something else wrong The swines :O(

673. xymonau22 December 2012, 22:19 GMT +01:00

I don't mind paying them given the years of training they have to do, but the incompetent ones who just write scripts for a living should be weeded out. However, given that we have not enough doctors to go around here and in many smaller towns, even a bad doctor is better than none. If nothing else, they can ease the pain.

In communist Russia, they were paid the same as teachers and everyone else. You had to be dedicated then.

I can never understand why people still think doctors are somehow to be reverenced and obeyed. I have worked alongside doctors whose competence was questionable, and certainly been treated by several who were either complete mongrels or the full calamity.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera