Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Blowing my own trumpet?

Blowing my own trumpet?

1. ColinBrough8 February 2012, 20:36 GMT +01:00

At the risk of looking like I am blowing my own trumpet, I was chuffed to see at least one of my images used on flybe.com ( http://www.flybe.com/insurance/snow-and-ice/default.htm ) - the red car on the right is image id mKaAmT4. A friend who lives round the corner from my house, where my snowy road images were taken, spotted another image of his street (image id mKaAmZw) used on the flybe.com front page when bad weather was more imminent!

Hope they got them from rgbstock rather SXC (though the images are there too) - not sure whether I should be happy a high-profile company is using free stock, but quite nice!! :-)

Competition for highest profile use of an image from rgbstock?

2. Ayla879 February 2012, 8:15 GMT +01:00

Nice use of your image, Colin
--Michael

3. xymonau9 February 2012, 10:41 GMT +01:00

Great! A perfect image for the site. It's exciting when you see your image used on a well-known site like that. A real compliment.

I had an image used to promote a Sony competition (it wasn't an entry, and it wasn't taken with a Sony camera!), and another on a billboard (religious). Not high profile but awfully big! LOL

I think Lynne had a cover of a novel by someone well-known.

4. mzacha9 February 2012, 11:28 GMT +01:00

And soon rgbstock will have more users than images. That's something!

I hope those users will be coming back to RGB quite often... Is there a chance to mail them once a month or something to remind them about site?

5. weirdvis9 February 2012, 13:57 GMT +01:00

Nice one, Colin! :D

@3 It was the title page of the US hardback edition of a Dean Koontz novel - Odd Hours I think it was called. Good recall, it was four years ago. :0)

6. crisderaud9 February 2012, 14:39 GMT +01:00

Here is my entry. The front cover picture of an award winning book of poetry "Dismantling the Hills" He sent me a signed copy too.

http://www.amazon.com/Dismantling-Hills-Poetry-Michael-McGriff/dp/0822960079/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328794429&sr=1-1

Your link is not working for me Colin and I really wanted to see your picture on FlyBe.

Ah ha! Found it by going to their site and clicking on insurance. Cool!

7. jazza9 February 2012, 22:47 GMT +01:00

@4: mzacha: "Is there a chance to mail them once a month or something to remind them about site?"

Yes, we are doing that for quite a while now. We send every month a reminder e-mail, but I guess you don't ever get one ;)

8. mzacha10 February 2012, 12:27 GMT +01:00

@1 - Congrats, Colin!

@7 - Yeah, I do not remember any of such e-mails. Why? :P Do you have any data, how many people come back here at least once a month? ;-)

BTW. Is there an option of re-sending a confirmation e-mail during the registration process. My friend had a problem with that - she deleted (accidently) such e-mail and she had to register once more!

9. crisderaud11 February 2012, 15:35 GMT +01:00

@8 Michal, I can activate an account if someone didn't receive their activation confirmation e-mail. I do this quite often.

The person need only to write in using the "Contact Us" link in the blue bar.

I need either the e-mail address or the username they registered with to look up their registration status and activate the account. I then send them an e-mail that the account is activated.

I prefer to have both the e-mail and the username because so many people have made typos when entering their email address during registration. It's the number one reason people don't receive the confirmation form. The second reason is their spam filter ate it :)

10. micromoth12 February 2012, 8:20 GMT +01:00

@1 Congratulations Colin! If the big boys are starting to hear about RGB Stock then the hits rate will continue to rise and rise. Great news.

11. lennie12 February 2012, 14:10 GMT +01:00

@micromoth Kevin, I do know, as a random example, that someone at the IRS (the organisation that deals with the national taxes) of a certain country has an account.

An IRS publishes lots and lots of documents for a wide audience in its jurisdiction, so I guess they might have a use for stock photos.

But who knows what they use it for, could just be for someones hobby project.

12. micromoth13 February 2012, 14:28 GMT +01:00

@11 That's amazing Lennie! And really quite appropriate that an organisation concerned with revenue should be saving money by using free images!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera