Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Christmas Competition 2015

Christmas Competition 2015

1. xymonau15 November 2015, 8:32 GMT +01:00

Get your cameras clicking, and dust off those graphics tablets, because you are about to compete in the 2015 RGBstock Christmas Competition!

There are two sections to enter, and four – yes, FOUR – prizes! The winners of the photography and the graphics section will each win a small, but fabulous prize. They will become the proud owners of an RGBStock mug – a rare collector’s item! And to encourage everyone to enter, there will be two “Lucky Door” prizes! Two more people will have their name drawn out and they will also receive an RGBStock mug. So everyone has the chance to win.

Not only will the winners receive their prizes, but the winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock.

Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.

Opening date : November 18, 2015
Closing date : December 24, 2015

Here are the rules:

1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 pixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.

2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:

for photographs – xmasphoto2015
for graphics – xmasgraphic2015

This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry. Images lacking this keyword will be presumed to not be entries in the competition. If you discover the competition after you have uploaded images, as long as they have been uploaded between the starting and finishing dates, you may add the above keywords.

3. The theme is Christmas and New Year or other end of year celebrations like Kwanzaa and Hanukkah – for those who don’t celebrate Christmas, and everything that relates to them. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.

4. Be creative. Come up with something new and different, and start a trend. Be traditional. Traditional images are always popular. Look at pay stock sites and see which images there are the most popular, and try your own variation. Winning is nice, but it’s lots of fun to get those creative juices flowing.

4. You may post as many entries as you wish. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You may not enter any images that are already posted here OR ON OTHER SITES.

5. This year, the RGBStock admins will select the winning entries (therefore they and their families can not enter). The features they will be looking for are suitability for stock, appropriate subjects, creativity, quality (e.g., composition and clarity in photos), impact, and images that are pleasing to the eye. Images that do not comply with the above rules will not be included in the judging.

The winners will be announced in the General Chat Forum before New Year's Day. Winners will be contacted by admin for their postage details. Because we are a global site, it may take some time for your prize to arrive, and it will be posted in the New Year.

Only one prize will be awarded to an individual, so you can not win both the photograhy and graphics section. Winners' names will be excluded from the lucky draw.

http://www.rgbstock.com/competition2015

2. gesinek15 November 2015, 21:13 GMT +01:00

Cool!!!

3. gesinek15 November 2015, 22:57 GMT +01:00

Maybe it is worth to appear also at rgb front page??

4. xymonau16 November 2015, 2:39 GMT +01:00

Gesine, the winning entries will be on the front page. See the third paragraph.

5. lksaju16 November 2015, 10:08 GMT +01:00

http://www.rgbstock.com/user/lksaju

6. stu34616 November 2015, 10:26 GMT +01:00

This sounds fun - but are the prizes mugs only? Are the "Lucky Doors" prizes mugs too?

Thanks,

7. gesinek16 November 2015, 12:14 GMT +01:00

Dez I thought the annoucement (http://www.rgbstock.com/competition2015) could be on front page, just a suggestion.

8. jazza16 November 2015, 14:24 GMT +01:00

Gesine: Yep Good suggestion. I am working on it. Tonight.

9. xymonau16 November 2015, 17:56 GMT +01:00

Sorry, Gesine, I misunderstood. Jay, maybe add a link where people can register to upload if they are not already registered.

10. jazza16 November 2015, 23:08 GMT +01:00

Ok, also a good suggestion. I added a link to the registration page on the competition2015 page. The link is only visible for not registered users. Also I added a banner on the front page.

11. gesinek17 November 2015, 11:37 GMT +01:00

Nice one

12. xymonau11 December 2015, 16:07 GMT +01:00

We are getting more entries in both the photography and graphic sections. I'd love to see many more. There is some great quality happening.

13. xymonau20 December 2015, 15:06 GMT +01:00

Only a few more days to get your graphics and photos entered, folks. You have to be in it to win it.

14. fuffy23 December 2015, 2:52 GMT +01:00

Cool!

15. jazza25 December 2015, 9:26 GMT +01:00

The Christmas Competition 2015 is officially closed.

You can see all the Christmas photos that entered the competition by clicking on one of the following links:
http://www.rgbstock.com/xmasphoto2015
http://www.rgbstock.com/xmasgraphic2015

The winners will be announced in the General Chat Forum before New Year's Day. Winners will be contacted by admin for their postage details. Because we are a global site, it may take some time for your prize to arrive, and it will be posted in the New Year.

Merry Christmas!
The Rgbstock team

16. ChIandra4U1 December 2016, 9:14 GMT +01:00

Is there going to be a Christmas Competition 2016 ?

17. xymonau1 December 2016, 15:40 GMT +01:00

Sadly, I don't think we have enough people to run it again this year. I'll talk to admin about it, so watch this space.

18. ChIandra4U1 December 2016, 20:26 GMT +01:00

Ok thank you. I'll keep an eye on it :-)

19. coolhewitt232 December 2016, 2:33 GMT +01:00

Hi Everyone,

I'm still around but I haven't had enough time to upload content. I will uploading soon. I notice a little bit of a drop in traffic on the website. I think people are selling their photography more to try and earn a little bit of money. The economy is turning sour all over the world. I know in Asia, the economy is horrible. Shops are closing and people are starting to worry about interest rates going up.

take care everyone. Try to finish your Christmas shopping early

20. xymonau3 December 2016, 16:37 GMT +01:00

See the new post re the xmas competition. :o)

Hi, Cool. Yes, I agree re the economy and everything else. Hopefully we can get this moving with a few Christmas competition entries! LOL And all the best wishes to you, too.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera