Get your cameras clicking, and drag out your graphics tablets, because you are about to compete in the first RGBstock Easter Competition! The winning entries in both the photographic and the graphic sections will be posted on the front page of RGBstock.
Who can enter? You can! Anyone who registers at RGBstock, even if they currently have no images online, may enter this competition.
Opening date : Friday February 26
Closing date : Friday March 19
Here are the rules:
1. Minimum image size - the shortest side of your image should be no less than 1200 megapixels. Maximum image size is our standard limit of 30mb.
2. Your entries are to be uploaded as normal images, but they must contain one of the following keywords:
for photographs - comphot01
for graphics - comgrap01
This is important, as it is the only way we can locate your entry.
3. The theme is EASTER, and everything that relates to it. Cultural variations on the theme are welcome. Passover images will also be accepted. There are no limits on content or colour. Just remember that your peers will be voting, and the image still has to be useful for stock, and of a quality that is normally accepted here.
4. You may post up to ten entries in total. They can be all photos, all graphics, or a mix of both. Please note - all images must be new. You can not enter any images that are already posted here or elsewhere.
5. The Prize - display of the winning entries on our front page. And a lot of fun.
6. Voting - Every member of RGBstock (uploader or downloader) is allowed three votes. We will ensure this is done honestly, so if you cast more votes, none of your votes will be counted. Each vote carries the same weight. It is best to wait until the last day of the competition before you vote, as once they are cast, you can't change them.
To vote, type the keyword, "comphot01" or "comgrap01" into the search box. The images that are found are the entries. Look through them all, make your decision, then type this into the comment box on the image:
Xymonau (naturally, use your tag) - 1 vote Easter Competition
After the closing date, several people will check the tally for accuracy. The winner will be announced soon after in the General Chat Forum. In the event of a tie, you must engage in hand to hand combat in an arena of your choice. Or I guess we could post both images.
Yes, one person could win both categories. And because the winner will be chosen by popular vote in an open forum, admins can enter, too! What are you waiting for?
Excellent work Dez. Thank you!
I'll be translating your post so non English speaking Brazilians can understand the rules and participate.
Please, keep me/us posted.
Thank you, Manoel!
Dez, I've translated your post.
Should I post it here?
Or could I start a new one specifically for Portuguese speaking people, as we still don't have a Regional Forum?
@4... I say do both. That's my opinion.
I think doing a post with the title in Portuguese will attract attention more. I'd start a new post. And maybe a short note here in Portuguese with a link to the other post. What other languages do we have available?
Link to Dez's Post in Portuguese:
Link para o post da Dez's em PortuguÍs:
Posted in the Joomla.org Forum.
Thank you so much, Manoel! Well done!
Thank you Manoe
This looks great - I am needing something to distract me at the moment :)
I'm glad you accepted the invitation Pam!
I get to enter, too! Now I just have to find the time and inspiration. I hope we have lots of entries. That makes it more fun.
Nice to see that contest ;)
If I can get my camera going quick enough, I'll do a shoot. : )
Any Easter bunnies will be interesting ie dead CORNY, so how to get a new slant on the cliche!!!
True, but remember we are a stock image site, and corny is a marketable subject. I've had more downloads elsewhere of clicheed images than anything else. And maybe your Easter bunny will become the very epitome of Easter bunnies.
You raise a great point. And it's this type of thinking that gets the creativity fired up.
b u m p
bunping again - I don't think we have stickies!
fantastic idea! great way to get everyone involved and im also needing somethign to distract me from the cold dark depths of Bonnie Scotland!!!
thanks for invite!
And it's great to see entries coming in. This is a hard challenge, really. How to do good stock without copying or becoming too corny. Mine will be corny, I promise, once I decide what on earth to do!
bunp, as they say down under.
I'm working on mine...
Entries are trickling in. We definitely need more photos.
I am working on my entry, with a little technical help from dlritter...
There are eight days only to get your entries in. Get clicking and sketching. I think we should all vote on the 20th. We'll leave the counting for a few days to give people time.