Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > What'sannoyingyou?

What'sannoyingyou?

1. jonfletch12 March 2011, 15:17 GMT +01:00

Myspacebarkeepssticking...

98. xymonau23 June 2011, 10:56 GMT +02:00

Leaches the calcium from your bones. I eat meat, but it is not good for you. And them horns get stuck between yer teefs.

99. happyture23 June 2011, 13:30 GMT +02:00

Silly, yoo spose to make walking stick handles out um, like a shepherds crook they is, i seed um!

100. xymonau23 June 2011, 13:38 GMT +02:00

I wonder what the cows think of that? Sort of like the elephant foot umbrella stands.

101. happyture23 June 2011, 16:21 GMT +02:00

Dont know if cows do think??

102. xymonau24 June 2011, 1:33 GMT +02:00

They are extremely intelligent. We've bred a lot of intelligence out of them and broken their spirit, but they are smart, loyal, and they get very attached to their owners. We treat them like objects, but they suffer terribly when their calves are taken from them. I've heard them crying for nights, calling and broken hearted. God only knows how the calves feel.

103. happyture24 June 2011, 10:22 GMT +02:00

We humans under estimate everything below us, or what we feel and think is below us, A whale has the most complex language on the planet, Now if it could drive a Ferrari to work and have dinner a Tiffany's, it would be above us, but in man's understanding of things, its below us. And woe betide anything that stands in man's way??

104. xymonau25 June 2011, 10:19 GMT +02:00

I do believe they are a lower life form. But that doesn't mean they are not valuable or that we should ignore their feelings. Animals bring us great pleasure, they work their little hearts out for us - look at the sad life donkeys have bearing burdens in some countries (sad, too for the humans, and they need these animals) - and they are not demanding. The least we can do is ease as much suffering as we can. People should be cared for first, but you can't ignore the plight of animals in situations of suffering. At least kill them to put them out of their misery.

I am just starting to worry that someone is going to teach a whale to drive. Thank you for adding to my anxiety.

105. happyture25 June 2011, 10:53 GMT +02:00

See, how do you know they are a lower form of life? is it because they don't communicate with us humans? is it that they have not dominated the planet? what makes a lower life form?

106. xymonau25 June 2011, 12:27 GMT +02:00

They do not have speech, they do not have the ability to organise us, as we do them. It's pretty obvious that they are less able than humans. That doesn't mean their intelligence doesn't nearly approach ours in other ways, or that they don't have strengths and abilities that we lack. I don't believe in evoloution, and I believe we were made different. but I do believe in the dignity and value of all creatures, and I know from observation that everything has the capacity to suffer..

107. happyture26 June 2011, 1:02 GMT +02:00

They do too have speech, they have the ability to organise themselves, They probably think we are a load of nerds, why would they want to communicate with us even if they could, We as a species needs to rethink our position on this planet before it is no more!

108. xymonau26 June 2011, 4:56 GMT +02:00

I said they have no ability to organise us. They're great at organising themselves. Well, they seem to like us when we're nice to them. They even love us. They have communication, but it isn't speech, and it is limited. I know all the language experiments they've done with dogs and apes, etc, and obviously they are capable of learning many more things than they are given credit for. But they still need help and care from us. Not that many get it.

I was watching a young magpie outside my door playing with a couple of pieces of plastic. At first I thought it was checking them out for nest building. (They, like many Australian birds, nest in winter.) But it was playing. I've seen young magpies do this a lot. They're fascinating birds. Great mimics, very smart, and very easily tamed. Different to the UK magpies. Larger and black and white, and extremely vicious when nesting if you get off on the wrong side of them! LOL The secret is to feed them. I was thinking of how intelligent they are, and the playing seems to indicate higher intelligence.

109. happyture26 June 2011, 13:35 GMT +02:00

You just reminded me, when i was a pup i found a baby magpie, it must have fell out its nest or something, anywho, i took it home and reared it on soaked dry cat food, it became very very tame and would meet me off the school bus, it would sleep on a chimney bend in the wash house where it was warm, i had him for about 12 months he would whistle and make funny noises but would not talk, any way one day i found him shot on a fence post dead, i was destroyed as you become friends with these little animals dont you, i heard later that a grumpy old fart that lived about 3 houses away had shot it because it tried landing on his grand daughter, he never admitted it, as i did ask him, he did however look as guilty as sin!!

110. xymonau26 June 2011, 14:07 GMT +02:00

What a mean pig.

Your magpies are little birds aren't they? Do they sing?

111. happyture26 June 2011, 15:32 GMT +02:00

A little bit bigger than a cockatiel, no they dont sing they make a screeching noise, not the most pleasant noise to be heard, but close up, they have many colours not just black n white.

112. xymonau26 June 2011, 16:09 GMT +02:00

Okay - smaller than I thought.

Ours are about half the size of a crow - say, two big pigeons in size. They are sleek, cute, and they have the most melodious warble - a carolling, really - particularly just before they attack. They sing lots of different songs. They all develop their own songs. I heard one once in my back yard. It was standing under the macadamia tree, singing softly to itself. It was doing all the local bird calls interspersed with its own song. It was amazing. I had heard tapes of them mimicking other birds, but never heard it in real life.

There were two families of them (the young stay with their parents for a year sometimes, helping with the next generation - although the parents treat them terribly to get rid of them. One lot would come in through the front door, the other through the back. They'd wander up the hallway looking for me, asking for food. They'd eat out of my hand, but i could only get one female to land on my arm very briefly to take food. She'd kick off as soon as she could. never quite got the full trust thing happening. I didn't mind. But she knew what I wanted her to do, and would eventually weaken.

113. happyture26 June 2011, 17:23 GMT +02:00

British magpies are notoriously well known for stealing shiny objects to place in their nests, ladies jewellery, anything that sparkles really, also to see one magpie is a bad omen as in bringer of bad luck, so they are not very well liked here. they also have a habit of robbing other birds nests for eggs and young which they eat, they will also track down newly fledged youngsters..

114. happyture26 June 2011, 20:42 GMT +02:00

A friend of mine has been studying whales for over 20 years and had made some thrilling breakthroughs regarding their communication. He had managed to decode many of their underwater sounds and to translate them into English. His latest research had proved that they can communicate over a distance of 300 miles. When asked what could they possibly have to say at such distances he replied,

"As best as we can figure, it is something like - Hey, can you hear me now?

115. xymonau27 June 2011, 10:03 GMT +02:00

ROFL!

I've watched as crows fly off with the hose attachments. They are probably thinking it might be food. Bower birds here - I've never seen one in the wild - are notorious collectors. They love blue things mostly, and pegs, biros, ribbons, bottle tops - anything blue - will be used to decorate their bower, just to entice the ladies. Some men will do anything, won't they?

116. happyture27 June 2011, 10:19 GMT +02:00

Tell ya, some men stop at nuffink, flowers,fish n chips, even a night at the movies, we iz just like bowers we is!!

117. xymonau27 June 2011, 10:32 GMT +02:00

All that sweet talk is makin' me swoon! ...oooh! There I go...

118. happyture27 June 2011, 18:36 GMT +02:00

Yeah see, i can talk the talk, know how to treat a lady i does i tell ya ...

119. xymonau28 June 2011, 0:09 GMT +02:00

Now if we can jus' find one, yer gunna make a himpreshun.

120. happyture28 June 2011, 6:30 GMT +02:00

Mrs canoncan is in da house, i seed her images on ere!

121. xymonau28 June 2011, 10:02 GMT +02:00

Yes, I noticed. It's lovely to see familiar faces.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera