Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > downloading too much

downloading too much

1. lusi29 February 2012, 16:43 GMT +01:00

somebody is downloading hundreds of my images (the same happened yesterday). Should I be concerned?

2. ColinBrough29 February 2012, 17:59 GMT +01:00

I was going to ask a related question: are there download limits? Single user can download no more than 20/50/whatever images per day... SXC has such a limit in place.

See also the "Im looking for designs and images, will pay royalties" thread over in General Chat: http://www.rgbstock.com/forum/msg/962

3. jazza29 February 2012, 22:10 GMT +01:00

sanja and collin, thanks for reporting this.
We are aware of these things and we are monitoring what is going on. That is what I can say about it.

There is a download limit of 100 photos a day, but it is not completely waterproof and needs some improvements.

4. lennie29 February 2012, 22:52 GMT +01:00

It is a bit more complicated than that.

Someone is downloading more than is usual, they found a way around our limits, maybe on purpose or not I don't know.

This person is lucky, usually I find the problem/solution in a short time.

But I'm sick and not performing at my usual level. :-/

The extra code for denying the downloads already exists, but contains just one bug.

That is the problem with any code, if it isn't 100% correct it doesn't work.

You can only change the code if you know what is wrong and if you know your change does not break anything else.

Doing a 100 downloads isn't something you can easily test either.

5. lennie7 March 2012, 9:53 GMT +01:00

Looks like I've solved it now.

Hopefully next time it won't take that long to find it.

6. Stephen19 April 2012, 19:57 GMT +02:00

Aside from other issues I have with rgb which I will shortly address I had 90 downloads on the 19th which is way beyond anything I might expect and all unrelated images. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

7. lennie21 April 2012, 0:33 GMT +02:00

Stephen, someone downloaded these images from your gallery up to the daily download limit and then stopped and hasn't returned since that day.

Interresting enough this person also has a gallery here and on the other site.

I never know what I should think about such behaviour.

But there is something you should consider, if someone looks at the fullsize photo it is also considered counted as a download. Because you can just do right-click-save-as.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera